Post problems with Ultra-D, new mobo.

Hello all.

Today I recieved my DFI Lanparty nf4 Ultra-D. And it wont post at all. Ive connected all four power connectors, 1stick of ram in orange slot closest to the edge of the motherboard, cpu with heatsink ofc and my ati x800pro vivo.

Is there anything im missing since i wont even get a screen going?

Best regards.

Kurik

Are you guys totally sure its the psu? I booted the system up and at first the diagnostic leds are 3 after a while the cpu fan goes off and only 1 led is lighted up.

any clues? Hope its not about the psu cant afford one atm :(

EDIT

Also, my psu doesnt have 24pin atx its 20pin as far as i know.

Are you guys totally sure its the psu? I booted the system up and at first the diagnostic leds are 3 after a while the cpu fan goes off and only 1 led is lighted up.

any clues? Hope its not about the psu cant afford one atm :(

EDIT

Also, my psu doesnt have 24pin atx its 20pin as far as i know.

I see this all the time. A64 and especially the DFI boards must have a 480w 24 pin or larger quality PSU off the list here. The Antec 480 Neopower works fine if you can'tfind an OCZ 520w (;)). The OCZ works great and will take all the abuse you throw at it. I'm not pushing our products, and any PSU off the list here will do. A bargain 600w is not much better than what you have, although it might boot. Most PSU's off the shelf at the store are not acceptable, due to poor quality and will cause board/memory errors.

If u buy that your still leaving yourself with an underpowereed system.

What's the point of shelling out for something that doesn't give u what's required & finally ?? getting another psu down the road.

Seems more like paying twice to me :confused:

I've spent previous 12m with an MSI Neo platinum 754 & the MSI 64 forum is the same - People buy the sexy bits but overlook the powersupply - despite the advice plastered around these forums, in stickys etc.,

luck :)

I looked on that site you've posted, Antec TrueControl 550 and NeoPower 480 should do it, but some people have had problems with late Antecs' reliability. Still better than the Hiper thing you've posted and cheaper. I'd strongly suggest stomaching the 50% price premium for OCZ 520