Bios to start off with

what bios should I start off with? I know you probably can't tell me which bios is best for me but I need somewhere to start :> I was gonna start with

7.04-2BT

1. based on 704-2

2. removed all the CAS settings that don't work

3. removed the added 0.1vdimm thats applied when you set TRCD to 2

4. unlocked some unknown register options (A , B , C , E , D)

5. Vcore bug of 704-X "removed" (123% and higher options have been removed, so safe to use)

but I wanted a few opinions first.

Hi

I'd go with what OceanSeasForMe suggests, if it were me doing this :D

After all, 623(3) is an official DFI bios and I figure that you should start with an official bios, even if it is only for warranty purposes. If you then need to play arround with different bios's, do that next :D

Just my $0.02

ricey

I am listening to his recommendation BUT I think I should get the 6/23-2 instead of the 6/23-3 because 2 is designed more for my ram or so I've been reading. Was trying to confirm this.

It is all good man. I am not certain about the mem as I have no experience with it. Best bet is to search the part #'s off the ram itself and find bios used by others with success with that particular type.. (Which you have apparently because you have a preference.)

Anyway, I think it is a Rgone sticky thread comment from bios forums.

"Best bios is the one that works for you"

If it were me ! I would give the official one a try and verify none of my parts are Dead On Arrival and that everything is working and then change to correct issues. *(IF you have issues.) Heck, you might want to make it have megahurtz galore and crank up the juice to it, if that is the case, by all means have at it.

TMOD in the Modifications forum sells spare bios chips (cheap 'n usa) and you can buy a bios savior over the intarweb. I bought a spare from him and had it flashed 6/23-3 at my request. *(just thought I would throw that out there.)

Thats cool. Yea, I decided to try my luck with the 6/23-2 because I noticed thats what a lot of people with my exact setup use 24/7 or atleast to start off with. I'm reading through the ram settings explained post and figuring that out now. Thanks for the help.