Sign in to follow this  
BookemDano

What Do Ya Think

Just got this stuff first time build

Any Comments?

Looks like a kick butt system! First build huh? I suggest reading the guides here. There is alot of info! After that, start with flashing to the newest official bios (6/23), run memtest for an hour or so, then install the OS. Do you plan on overclocking? Also take a look in the OCDB (even if you're not OC'ing) and find a setup with that ram, so you know what settings in the bios you should start with.

Look for someone w/ a similar setup. Hopefully you can find someone running the same board and RAM. Then check for timings and voltages... and see which BIOS they are using so you can get up and running as quick as possible.

You are going to have a "killer" system, why the :( face?

I am not sure on the memory, and I am not sure on the video card.

I also just read something that I should stay away from the windows x64 os also because there are not any programs and drivers to support it.

Bookem

:confused:

Well...your ram should be great and your video card is easily the best bang for your buck as far as video cards go, so I wouldn't be worried. As far as the new windows...I had the same decision when puting my comp together, and you can see what I ended up using. I'd wait another year, or even two, before getting the new windows. If you want to see why take a look at XP Pro...they're still releasing critical updates almost monthly, and it has been out for years. I finally decided it wasn't worth the minimal gain in a few games to go through the headaches of trying to get everything to work.

Sign in to follow this