Format questions and others

Ok I've got a couple of questions and they are as follows

1. If I format my rig would it do so for both my hard drives or just the main?

2. If I format my rig how do I go about switching the main hard drive (would I just load xp on it instead of the current one)?

3. After doing so would I be able to just install all the new drivers off the web or do I start from the cd's?

4. Is there any program that collects all the info as to which drivers you have and then find any updates?

5. Last one; after formatting does it revert the BIOS to the original or leave it at the current one I have?

Thanks

1. If I format my rig would it do so for both my hard drives or just the main?

When you format, you choose which drive to format.

2. If I format my rig how do I go about switching the main hard drive (would I just load xp on it instead of the current one)?

Not sure exactly what you mean here. And you don't really format the rig, you can only format a hard drive.

3. After doing so would I be able to just install all the new drivers off the web or do I start from the cd's?

If using windows xp, it has many "generic" drivers that will atleast get you up and running until you install the newest ones. I suggest just putting all the newest ones for your rig on a cd, so you can tell windows to install them from here during the OS install, and it won't install the "generic" ones in the first place. Go to nvidia.com and get the system drivers (6.66), these will have drivers for the system, audio, nvidia network (if you use them), and nvidia raid (if you use them). Also go to ATI to get the current one for your saphire, and wherever else you might have to go for any other components that need drivers that you have (like printers, etc).

4. Is there any program that collects all the info as to which drivers you have and then find any updates?

Windows Update does it. Sometimes it doesn't find the very newest ones though.

5. Last one; after formatting does it revert the BIOS to the original or leave it at the current one I have?

Again, formatting doesn't format anything but the hard drives themselves, so your bios will be unchanged.

Thanks

Get copies of all your latest drivers and burn them to CD. Don't use Windows update for drivers as it is almost guaranteed to cause problems.

Unplug the hard disk that won't be having XP installed. (You can reconnect it after installing XP, it just makes it simpler to install on the correct disk) You might want to plug your new drive into an earlier numbered SATA connector

Format the drive using a boot disk/the windows CD/or hard drive manufacturer's software. Install windows, install drivers, reconnect old hard disk. You might want to format the old hard disk.