Ballistix pc4000 question

I am using the 6/23 bios and I want to run these sticks in Dual Channel mode. However, I am not sure how to do that. According to the manual all you do is stick them in the 1/3 slots or the 2/4 slots. However, when I do that, my computer will not boot. It will only turn on when they are in the 1/2 slots running in single channel mode. Is there a jumper I need to switch or a setting in the bios I need to change? Also, where can I download these beta bios's such as the 704?

Hmm... mine would do the same thing, it would boot with one stick only in 1/2 and single channel only in 1 and 2. But it ran dual channel fine with either pair. Is it stuck at 3 LED's when you try to do dual channel? Don't know what else to tell you, I had to get help here as well for my problem...

I had exact same problem with Crucial Ballistix.

I don't know exactly what I did to it to work but it's now working flawlessly cruising at 265 Mhz (1:1) @ 2.7v

Try to clear your CMOS and see if it will help, also make sure you hooked up all the power cables to the motherboard. (angry's sticky showes this)

Good luck.

Well, clearing the CMOS, the computer posted just fine in dual channel. But I went into the BIOS to enable the nvidia raid on slots 1 and 2, turn off the onboard sound and LAN, and then after saving/ exiting the BIOS, it wouldnt post again, stuck at 3 LED's. Is there a problem with being plugged into the 1 and 2 SATA ports for nvidia Raid?

I was having lots of problems with my Ballistixs too.. lots of errors and no posts..It's not that the ballistixs are bad it's just how they work with the DFI board i guess..

I've had the most luck so far with 704-3 and useing the orange slots.. check my sig

Hi peeps ! I just got my Geil One BH5 1GB kit today. I was so eager to try em out its been 3 hours and i just cant get the pc to boot. im running X2 4200+ DFI Ultra-D Bios 704-BT Based on (704-2) ive changed jumpers around to allow more juice (4V) ive tried both stick in orange and yellow slots.Pc keeps beeping and dont boot. Whats goin on Geil?? ive tried 1 stick in yellow slot which booted i tried the other which simply dony wanna work. i tried the one that works in the orange slot which still worked but i can get em both to boot !!!!!! HELP

I was having lots of problems with my Ballistixs too.. lots of errors and no posts..It's not that the ballistixs are bad it's just how they work with the DFI board i guess..

I've had the most luck so far with 704-3 and useing the orange slots.. check my sig

Orange slots and 623-3 have worked flawlessly, so far :)