2X1024 Patriots on NF3 GB wont post at ddr 400

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing with the OCZ EB 4000 2x1Gb's and have them running per the sig using the 166 divider and 1T w/bank interleaved enabled. Very happy with them so far. In my quick 'n dirty 1:1 testing they seem to hit a wall between 230-235 3.0-3-8-2 default settings. Didn't spend a lot of time at 1:1 because of that. My Claw was running 10x262 with my GSkill LE's. Individually they were good to 298 and 310. I'm not going to bother testing the OCZ separately.

I am going to revisit 1:1 and loosen timings to see if I can push them higher with some tweaks and may try 2T just see if that will allow a higher run. I've got a full set of OC Database stuff to post yet with them at the current setup which can be compared to my 2x512Mb setup already in the database.

Thunda mine are exactly the same. I managed after mucho tweakin to get it to boot at 185 and then up the divider using A64 tweaker to a max speed of 210 for the memory. Settings are 246HTT 12 multi mem divider 150 for boot up. Then open A64 tweaker and incrementally bump divider up to 166 then 183 for a final memspeed of 210. Works really nice but I dont know why? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is an old tread. I have similar experience with the mobile Oakville and Patriot 2x512 memory sticks. BTW, got these stick for $65 after rebate over newegg.

I have ran this memory in AUTO, but the computer crashed. I have tried 166, 150, 140 dividers with the same result- crash.

Then I replaced the Oakville with a Clawhammer 3200+ and the memory sticks ran fine.

It seemed to me the Patroit memory has problem(s) with the mobile Athlon CPU-either Turion ot Oakville.

Any update of potential fixes??

-temp. Sig-

DFI NF3 250GB

504 vdimm mod Bios

2x512 Patriot PC3200 Signature Line PSD1G400KH CL=2.5 2.5-4-4-8

Athlon64 Oakville 2800+ 35w DH8-DO Winny 1.45v

266x9 = 2394 LT=3

none as of yet man, and as u know this is old thread, Im assuming you are correct with the mobile part because Newark is a mobile cpu..

I dont quite understand why a rev E cpu would have this problem, right now im on X2 which is also rev e but no problems so far..

Maybe difference between e4 and e6. im not really sure about this one

but they can go all way to 274 1:1 2.5-3-2-5 with lower multi so I know it isnt my ram that was at fault and thats why I put it all up for sale and went with this rig..

Learners was supposed to purchase the mobo from me, but as of yet havent received anything..

That's too bad. I was setting up a HTPC using a low-wattage Oakville. I needed more mem to run MCE2005. That's why I brought the 2x512 sticks to begin with.

Well, may be I have to use the 85w Clawhammer instead of the 35w Oakville for my HPTC. Well, it's time to sell my beloved Oakville.

If you got the Patriot LL's (low latency) it's probably a combo of the ram giving you the problems....

Check the IC's and see what you have...If there Infineon...there is your problem....they are very picky IC's and just won't boot under certain conditions....sometimes more voltage makes it worse....

Patriot is just like any other company and you have to pay attention to the model number of the ram to know what chips you may be getting....Heck you can even get OCZ ram with Infineon chips....and they won't do any better (or worse) than Patriot...

I am sure alot of people order PDP ram thinking they got the good stuff not really knowing what they ordered....or not really sure without checking the IC's...I made the same mistake 1st time myself....

Thanks for the info dr_bowtie.

I am not sure if my Patriot mem is LL. They are the cheaper Signature Line dual channel kit -- PSD1G400KH. They come with heat spreader so there is no easy way to find out if the ICs are Infineon. But the boot up problems sure sounded like the incompatibilities between the Mobile CPU and certain typr of memory ICs.

Again, thanks for the info.