FX or X2??

joki

Looking to upgrade my CPU....looking at the FX-55 sandy or the X2 4800...since they seem in the same ballpark price wise(expensive)....i use my pc for just about everthing...so im looking for good OC ability, gameability, and multitaskability....ive been reading many threads and have seen good/bad things on either one...but would like some recommends/thoughts from others....thanks!

All I will say is that I have seen a lot more people with problems with the Dual Cores than with FX's. I think I would go for a FX for that reason if it were me.

For my part, I am happy with my 3700+ Sandy so far. I have it running at 2860(11x260) currently.

Its cool boost...its getting down to single vs. dual core question...but i would like to know a little why those suggesting a 3700/4000 sandy would suggest it over a FX or X2 class processor....is it because the FX/X2 is not as overclockable thus the more "bang" for the buck? or something else?

From what I read on this forums and many other sites, all the A64's seem to OC real well, looks like the only thing is cost and I've read some problems with X2 in long term gaming but you just need the drivers to fix it or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

I recently had to make the same decision for a gaming rig. I found that there currently aren't any games that can take advantage of the X2 and probably won't be for a while, and by the time there are, there'll be a better/cheaper/faster dualcore CPU available. However, if you're using it for work or multi-app stuff then the X2 is probably the way to go. IMHO. :)