New Case from GIGABYTE (3D Aurora)

RhumJM

Have anyone any experience with DFI-mobos and Gigabytes new case 3D AURORA ?

Heard that DFI NF4 mobos can´t use onboard sound (karajan modul) with BOTH (?) exhaust fans installed - is that right :confused:

See also www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=gigabyte3daurora_8

i have one, and yes, you wont be able to have the karajan installed and use both rear fans.

however, its my opinion that the karajan module is a pretty sub-par audio processor and you are better off going with a different audio card anyway.

the case is frigging amazing, it is definitely worth sacrificing the karajan for.

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure if this was discussed already but you can actually install the karajan audio module into the case. I had to loosen the lower 120mm fan a bit to get it out of the way but after the board was in, i was able to tighten the fan back up (don't forget that the screws are self-tapping so try to find the original thread before you crank on them). I noticed that the fan enclosure has bowed slightly but it does not inpede the rotors from turning. Also, I was worried about any pressure that the fan was applying to the audio module so i measured the distance between the two adjacent audio plug risers with a dial caliper and the distance between the end of the riser and the distance between the botom of the riser where they are conected to the pcb is 0.02" less. I think I am ok with this setup until i get a PCI audio solution.

Pic

Closeup