Big problem in BIOS - "Save & Exit"

711 is alot like 705 When you first boot from Clear Cmose .. Load optimal settings, And inable raid/SATA. then boot into windows(donot set date.time or anything else) then reboot this time it usualy takes a little while to Boot, So be patient. when it Post to bios . enter bios and set HTT from 239/or in My case 349HTT back to 200 the save and exit. Boot into windows.

Reboot onced more then set time and date in Windows and reboot. After that make the first couple of changes small and Boot into Windows each time . then you should be able to change ay will

I will most definately give that a try tomorrow. I'm happily doing 2.5ghz like in my sig. But I would like the ability to change at will, like it naturally should be. So thanks again. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing some testing right now with different hardware. I am currently on 705 which has returned the best results for me.. But I have a chip with 711 on it.. IF i get time I will mess with it tommorrow. Send me a Privte message If you can and List exactly what it is doing and not doing. Every detail you can think of Even if it dont seem important, It could be.

And a wise investment would be a Bios savior.. Or a couple of extra BIOS chip.. To try Different BIOS. And not risk a Bad flash

But will try to sort things out

I am doing some testing right now with different hardware. I am currently on 705 which has returned the best results for me.. But I have a chip with 711 on it.. IF i get time I will mess with it tommorrow. Send me a Privte message If you can and List exactly what it is doing and not doing. Every detail you can think of Even if it dont seem important, It could be.

And a wise investment would be a Bios savior.. Or a couple of extra BIOS chip.. To try Different BIOS. And not risk a Bad flash

But will try to sort things out

Thank you.

I've only been able to OC like I like by resetting cmos then booting to bios, or just simply booting to bios when things are good. I have to load either fail safe defaults or optimized defaults. The former is better as things are more "flexible". I do have to change only a couple things then reboot. then change a few more then reboot..

I tried your way only once, I think I messed up on it. I would need to try on more time to be certain. Loading optimized settings doesn't seem like an option on this bios as it appears to lock the ram timings to 2-2-2-5. I figure this cause if I try to change it doesn't boot the system, and i have to reset cmos.

The only other problem I am having though is my ethernet doesn't seem to work. I've enabled it via bios, but still nothing. I barely have been able to use my smc card. I think now it won't give me problems. I had to bend the bracket some...lol. Now it apears to be not as touchy...

I will try to get a bios savior, I'll have to do some googling for it. I really appreciate your help.

On the upside, my OC appears in Sisoft to beat the 4800's default performance. :)

I had the same problem with 711 (haven't tried any other bios yet, this one came with the board). In the beginning the bios wouldn't accept any changes, if i did so and rebooted it would just cold boot...so i had to clear the bios again before windows would boot. VERY frustrating!

Eventually i figured out that disconnecting my two sata drives connected to ports 3&4 (which are the locked ones) was the answer to the problem, ata drives made no difference if they were connected or not. So with the sata drives disconnected i was able to change the settings i wanted in the bios, it made no difference how many changes i made, all at once was no problemo :)

Once the settings were saved, just switched of the pc of, connceted my hd's back to sata 3&4, power back on and booted into windows, all fine.

Runs like a train now with my new x800xt pe, i also had a huge problem with my 6800LE, the 6800 core is seriously incompatible with the nf3 chipset, shame on you nvidia!! The only remedy is an ATI card (or an other brand)

705 and 711 were exactly like this for me with Raid 0. Just un-hooked the power cables to two sata drives on port 3 and 4.

I had the same problem with 711 (haven't tried any other bios yet, this one came with the board). In the beginning the bios wouldn't accept any changes, if i did so and rebooted it would just cold boot...so i had to clear the bios again before windows would boot. VERY frustrating!

Eventually i figured out that disconnecting my two sata drives connected to ports 3&4 (which are the locked ones) was the answer to the problem, ata drives made no difference if they were connected or not. So with the sata drives disconnected i was able to change the settings i wanted in the bios, it made no difference how many changes i made, all at once was no problemo

Once the settings were saved, just switched of the pc off, connected my hd's back to sata 3&4, power back on and booted into windows, all fine.

RGone...

Eventually i figured out that disconnecting my two sata drives connected to ports 3&4 (which are the locked ones) was the answer to the problem, ata drives made no difference if they were connected or not. So with the sata drives disconnected i was able to change the settings i wanted in the bios, it made no difference how many changes i made, all at once was no problemo :)

Once the settings were saved, just switched of the pc of, connceted my hd's back to sata 3&4, power back on and booted into windows, all fine.

Runs like a train now with my new x800xt pe, i also had a huge problem with my 6800LE, the 6800 core is seriously incompatible with the nf3 chipset, shame on you nvidia!! The only remedy is an ATI card (or an other brand)

did you have trouble with the ethernet? if so how did you over come it?

BTW, That SATA trick works like a charm. Only still have to load either Fail Safe or optimized defaults first. But much better results. :)

You are the man dude...

That's it I just unplugged my 2 sata drives and Boom flashd 711 and was able to set any and all settings in bios and save and reboot...

They should make this thread a STICKY.... :)

Thanks a million

There is also a bug in the 705 711 BIOSes that enables the OS2 RAM settings when anything is saved to the BIOS, not sure if it does anything though apart from confuse the hell out of me. I recently purchased this board and after tinkering for a few minutes worked out the Boot/SATA drives/Change/No Boot problem and that was one of the most confusing things I have witnessed on a mainboard, but no harm done, just had me a little worried that the board was faulty but now I know others have the same experience. Apon changeing back to the 602 BIOS the OS2 problem goes away. I hope there will be an updated BIOS for this board yet becaue some of the BETA features look pretty good, just a shame it didn't work for me. :)