Big problem in BIOS - "Save & Exit"

In BIOS,I can only load the save setting or optimize setting,if I change any other setting in BIOS,then choose "Save & Exit",then cannot bootup.

After clear CMOS,it can bootup,but the thing is the same.

Any idea?

AMD Athlon64 3000+ with FX55 Fan

G.SKILL F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX DDR400/512M*2

Galaxy Geforce6800 Ultra

Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Seagate 160G

Seagate SATA 120G

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem with my NF4 too, it bugged for a whole week after I flash my BIOS. Finally I found out there was an option from the new BIOS preventing the modified setting to be save. Yeap only can load the CMOS RELOAD settings. I am not sure your NF3 has similar BIOS setting, my problem was in the Power Management Section -- "ACPI SRAT" set to DISABLE (which is no good!) I put back to "AUTO" then I problem solved. BIOS can save form now on. So, clear the CMOS before & after the FLASH & try find out if you have this option in your BIOS. OK, let me know if this help.

I have the same problem with my NF4 too, it bugged for a whole week after I flash my BIOS. Finally I found out there was an option from the new BIOS preventing the modified setting to be save. Yeap only can load the CMOS RELOAD settings. I am not sure your NF3 has similar BIOS setting, my problem was in the Power Management Section -- "ACPI SRAT" set to DISABLE (which is no good!) I put back to "AUTO" then I problem solved. BIOS can save form now on. So, clear the CMOS before & after the FLASH & try find out if you have this option in your BIOS. OK, let me know if this help.

Well, this is news I have not seen in the NF3 Ultra D thread. I'm not sure if I have time to figure which one of the settings is preventing saving, but maybe someone will figure it out.

I just (as in moments ago) had a similar problem with the 711 BIOS. After CMOS reset, I could boot into BIOS and I could load optimized, but any other changes resulted in long repeated beeps and no post. For kicks, after a CMOS reset I dropped my FID to x6 and set my RAM to 166, and voila! Got into BIOS with changes saved!! There, I found the problem: my HTT decided to set itself to 269 after each time I would save and exit from BIOS. So when I was failing to post, it was because either my default Vcore was not enough to boot 269xStartup=9, or my memory wouldn't rock 269 at 2-2-2-5 2T. Probably both. Upped my voltage, changed back to x9, and here I am. Gonna go back and adjust my memory now, but foresee no problems. Will let you know if there are.

I just recieved my NF3 ULtra D and am faced with not being able to install network drivers (1394/ethernet) and have the same problems with the not being able to change bios settings. It basically just does complete the update process and leaves me at a blank screen. I have to reset cmos to boot again. It did all a change initially but then seemed to settle an not allow after I had reset the cmos the first time. I'm likely to try resitting the cpu, and booting again. I'll look for options in the bios.

I'm definately not comfortable with flashing at present as the last one was killed by that process. IT seemed to update the bios, but then after boot did not power the mobo up again. The tech said the mobo was completely dead. With much dislike I will likely attempt the flash manually via diskette, as I used Winflash to update before.

if anyone has a suggestion please let me know. My x2 3800 is faster than my 3000 NC even with the OC on it, but I would like to OC my x2.

OK I got some Idea from Frank at DFI. I booted to Bios, loaded optimized defaults, and was able to change a few things and successfully save them. I have fair OC now and I'm at 1T. My next thoughts are to load fail safe defaults and make changes. (Sometime)

I don't know exactly, but I really think it's a bios problem.

basically, everytime I have to load optimized defaults and make changes. In order to do changes that can be saved. I set my DDR to default for the 1T it automatically is doing.

711 is alot like 705 When you first boot from Clear Cmose .. Load optimal settings, And inable raid/SATA. then boot into windows(donot set date.time or anything else) then reboot this time it usualy takes a little while to Boot, So be patient. when it Post to bios . enter bios and set HTT from 239/or in My case 349HTT back to 200 the save and exit. Boot into windows.

Reboot onced more then set time and date in Windows and reboot. After that make the first couple of changes small and Boot into Windows each time . then you should be able to change ay will