What's the most annoying thing about overclocking/computers

MikalCarbine257

The most annoying thing for me by far is when I am done...

When there is nowhere left to go with the hardware I have, no goals left to achieve. What a damn bummer...I just don't know what to do with myself when I can't tweak it and push it and hope for more if only a little...

This feeling lasts as long as it takes for my new hardware to arrive :rolleyes:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You spend a couple of weeks wringing out your ram, cpu, timings and voltages for your best stable OC. System runs fine. A few months later you decide to flash to the latest & greatest bios. It either works or you start the process again. Grrrr!!!!

Everything above and one addition:

After all the Priming, memtest runs, installing the O/S & drivers & re-running tests, acheiving the highest possible overclock with considerations to installed hardware, configuring the O/S options the way you want it, installing all the programs you run....

...a freakin' component fails.

(blushing) I had just finished hours of tweaking and testing and decided to download the FEAR DEMO. For a 30 minute period I was convinced it was causing "mouse lag".

batteries of course.

Can I add self imposed stupidity to my list.

I have to agree with Fight Game about the "without my consent malicious programs". Prime I usually run while I am sleeping, or when in class so I am not fixated on its status. Daily routine of running virus scans/ registry scans, then repairing any damage gets very old!

(blushing) I had just finished hours of tweaking and testing and decided to download the FEAR DEMO. For a 30 minute period I was convinced it was causing "mouse lag".

batteries of course.

Can I add self imposed stupidity to my list.

Experienced same scenario here. I have since switched to a MX518 :nod: I doubt I will ever go cordless agian (for games).

I got one better...passing prime,memtest but crashing to desktop or crashing in general in 3dgames:)

Ditto..

Man does that really get to me.. All done with your clocking.. All happy you just passed 10+ hours of prime and memtest.. Run 3dmarks with no problem..

Then open a game and have it CRASH .. Oh that gets me mad.. !!