What's the most annoying thing about overclocking/computers

MikalCarbine257

This is a survey for a long term project I am doing. Please, do not spam on this thread and keep the answers to the point. Your help will be greatly appreciated

QUESTION:

What do you find to be one of the most annoying little quirks (or large) about overclocking or even computers in general?

Your answer can include more than one thing if it comes to mind. Thanks again!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's mine;

Overclocking

1. Prime failing after multiple hours, definitely!

2. Running Memtest #5 for many passes (50+), then having ONE error!

Do you:

a. Just treat it as an anomoly, or

b. Go crazy trying to find the cause of the problem?

3. "CPU Not Stable" error in OCCT - especially the rest of the message;

(paraphrased) "Well, it's probably okay, but then again it might crap out

on you at a critical time" IS IT BAD OR NOT? (I usually treat it as "bad" and

try to find another setting where it'll pass cleanly.)

Computers In General

The games ram manufaturers play with heatspreaders - their main function seems to be a way to cover up what actual brand and model of chip is being used! But if you take 'em off just to see, WHAM, "warranty void!" The chip specs should be a part of the overall specs just as much as SPD! I applaud OCZ for being so open on this issue.

Enough - rant over!

hmm..computers in general....It really quirks me off when programs (or specifically an OS like XP) does things "behind your back". I understand that many things are going on, that I don't understand, or care to understand, but anyway,...for example...when I tell it not use a page file, and it still does. Or when my son downloads a single program, like a game or something, it also installs a bunch of ads and other things "behind my back". I think alot of these ads (etc) should be classified as viruses, because of the way it uses resources, and does all kind of . without ever getting consent, and also because of the sometimes hard way of removing them. Ya I spent alot of time priming, but I probably have spent more time running ad cleaners, registry cleaners, all the clean up involved with things going on "behind my back". I have 4 computers, with 6+ people that use them regularly.