BIOS & Memory ?

I have read all the threads on BIOS and memory and it has left me a bit confused.

I have been getting freezes and random restarts for awhile now and was wondering if anyone with similar system specs would be able to lead me in the right direction in regards to which BIOS would best suit my setup, and what memory settings would give me better stability.

I plan on buying another 2 sticks of the same memory in my sig.

Thank you in advance for your help.

PS. From what I have seen 623.3 is a good option.

I'd go with your instincts...6/23-3 should work just fine for ya. As far as what memory timings...unless you're planning on overclocking, you should just be able to leave everything on auto, except you'll probably need to switch over to 2T.

BTW, you need to add your location to your profile...it's one of the forum rules.

I have seen numerous posts on people getting the ideal memory timings in the BIOS for their memory. Who do I have to bribe to get someone to give me mine :P

I heard that the OCZ Plat. Rev 2 memory is great for this board.

Just want to make sure I am squeezing everything I can out of my system.

I have seen numerous posts on people getting the ideal memory timings in the BIOS for their memory. Who do I have to bribe to get someone to give me mine :P

I heard that the OCZ Plat. Rev 2 memory is great for this board.

Just want to make sure I am squeezing everything I can out of my system.

Haha.. you dont have to bribe anyone.. You need to tweak it yourself..

I good start would be to read over the overclocking guide.. there is also a memory guide within it..

Another good thing to do is check out the overclocking database.. I myself have a few entries in it with 3200rev2's.. But remember what works for me might not work for you..

GL..

But remember what works for me might not work for you...

I think that's one of the main things people don't understand is that just because it works for one, two, or ten people with the exact same setup doesn't mean that it will work for you. Here's hoping you get the long end of the stick abrasive...

I think that's one of the main things people don't understand is that just because it works for one, two, or ten people with the exact same setup doesn't mean that it will work for you. Here's hoping you get the long end of the stick abrasive...

I appreciate it :P

I'm not new to computers but after reading this board for awhile I found myself with more questions than answers. Who would have thunk that this board would be like a DIY special, I sure didn't. However I am glad that it has been just that. It has givin me a chance to learn something about PC's that I didn't know before, that is I'm probably gonna kill some hardware getting this right! I'm not looking for a quick fix, just a good shove in the right direction. I am shooting to get a nice stable OC with my hardware (not over the top, just a good notch) and I was just hopin for a little advice. I mean come on, if I can install my own watercooling I should be able to do this..................right.....................

Thanks again for the advice givin, and all the advice I will get in the future.

I am running the settings below on advice from RyderOCZ on the OCZ boards, thanks btw.

In Genie Bios

auto

16 16

auto

disable

1.450v

1.300v

above VID 110%

1.30v

1.60v

2.60V

+0.3 if not 3.2V = enabled

DRAM Config

enable

auto

enabled

auto

Level 5

Level 2

8 ns

Normal

5 ns or 5.5ns

disable

disable

Yup.. Ive tested ALOT of OCZ TCC5 and most of them used similar timings but to get to the full potential they all needed to be tweaked to what they liked..