Cant boot issue

Alright here is the deal.

Im useing the system in my specs

Except the cpu runs at 9x289 runs great until about a mouth or so ago.(At that time I got the new ram ballistix before that I had TCCD)

Here is what happened. I go to turn on my computer and it says my cmos was reset. I thought it was strange so i reload my settings all was good. A couple of days later it happened again.

Then some interesting things happened. ( Got a new dell 24inch lcd at this time dont think it makes a diff but i thought I would include the info)

The machine would start to boot, it would get to the point where it would say verfiying DMI but wouldnt say it and restart. It would then get to that point again the restart it does this about 3-4 times. Finally it will get past this and windows will say "windows didnt boot up last time" etc....

I go and boot . it will work great and all of a sudden the machine will just turn off.

Now I have run prime and memtest and I get no errors.

Tried no overclocking it boot fine but no sure about the random turn offs.

I dont think its the CPU because I tried another and same same probelm( I know the cpu will run fine at the same speed on another MB)

Any ideas?

Could my board be bad?

Have you read the memory guide, and manually adjusted all the settings? How about looking in the OCDB, or just doing a search for your ram, to try other, known good settings? Have you tried clearing the cmos? Just because it ran at one speed in one mb, don't mean it can do the same in another, (different board, different bios, etc) even more so if the ram was different. Leave it in stock position for awhile to see if this cures the random shut off. That's one more thing that can be eliminated from possibilities.

Ok here is the update.

tried Angry's memsetings no go.

Also At default speeds it doing the same thing

reboots right before it gets to verifying dmi

I tried 2 cpus same deal both cpu work fine in DFi ultra mb with 623-2 bios

I also tired clearing the cmos no luck.

I thinking is it has to be the MB or windows but no sure any other ideas

Here is what happened. I go to turn on my computer and it says my cmos was reset. I thought it was strange so i reload my settings all was good. A couple of days later it happened again.

Replace cmos battery yet ?

Did you have any settings you saved and reloaded from a cmos bank after you flashed the bios ? Like a 3/10 setup you had and then used it as a reloaded with a 6/23 (this is bad dont do it.)

Sounds like windows has gone into a reboot loop once it starts to boot.

I have the same symptom but not as bad as you. About once or twice in 10 or 12 hrs of gameplay BF2 will lock-up and I have to cold reboot the machine, sometimes it gets to the DMI thing and reboots itself but only once. Typically when this happens on the next windows load the temp readings from mbm are -128 and I have to power off again to get it to behave again. My problem only occurs with BF2, my son plays other games on the machine without problems.

I suspect memory, I moved my 4 dimms around to get it to pass tests at 2 2 2 5 at stock speeds, at the same time i tweaked some of the more mysterious (to me at least) dram settings based on the memory sticky in the oc forum until I could pass memtest and occt, I think this problem started then.

From what I read under TCCD all was ok but when you moved to UTT and updated BIOS these matters started appearing ... it does seem to be a memory and possible timing matter... what Vdimm are you running?

Have you also checked each module individually and see which is the strongest - place this in the slot nearest the CPU - Yellow slots are generally better for these types of modules.

Maybe a deep CMOS clear and reflash.

Have you tried 704-2BT BIOS, this also works well.

It is likely your memory settings in the bios. You can go to the oc database and get settings based on the gear you have just don't up the "FSB Bus Frequency" leave it at 200.

Make sure you note your current settings or save them in the bios in case you want to go back.

Probably should start with bios Optimize before you start.

My setup was never stable without tweaking it in.

Tref defaults never worked for me.

If it is just your oc that gives yo a problem it likely needs tweaking.