Ballistix PC4000's can't get stable

I've been looking through the other threads trying things to get my ram stable!

No matter what I do I get errors in dual channel.. I tested each stick in single channel last night and go n behold they worked fine!

I've tried 3 different bios.. 704 623 and 510 orange and yellow slots. I've been useing the stock timings 3 4 4 8 2.8v..

some settings get less errors some get other errrors..

I've tried droping the multiplyer to 9.0 10.0 still full of errors..

droping the htt to 2.5 or 2.0 didn't do much ether

im running out of ideas :sad:

ah yes some guy on the overclockers.com said I should try the 704-2 bios with 3 3 3 8 and any where from 2.6 to 2.8 vdimm orange slots

osnap ;]

I'm stable right now at 10 x 250 3 3 3 7 2.7v with 1t

im enjoying being able to use my computer atm but i'll try and see what I can do with this tomarrow :]

"no idea why" -

Ballistix is fast ram, and if it goes too slow the memory doesn't retain it's charge and looses data.

That's my idiot's understanding of ballistix. So bizarely tightening the timings can help stability for that reason.

Tref has a significant impact on stability too. Placing your casefans so that cold air is blown on the modules also helps.

(But my experience is 9 months old - I haven't had chance to play with 1GB sticks - which I can't afford at the moment!)

Can one of you guys with Crucial Ballistix modules post some screenshots of your GENIE BIOS configs for the NF4 SLI-DR (or even the Ultra D)?

I'm interested in overclocking my modules but I'm a little lost in this BIOS. I'm familiar with the GENIE BIOS in my NF2 board, but I'm not sure what the implications of changing certain parameters are in the NF4 BIOS.

PS - Is there a comprehensive guide to what the parameters are on this site somewhere? I'd like to understand how messing with the LDT/FSB, etc. parameters will affect system timings, etc.

Thanks

ah yes some guy on the overclockers.com said I should try the 704-3 bios with 3 3 3 8 and any where from 2.6 to 2.8 vdimm orange slots

osnap ;]

I'm stable right now at 10 x 250 3 3 3 7 2.7v with 1t

im enjoying being able to use my computer atm but i'll try and see what I can do with this tomarrow :]

:edit: err i'm using the 704-3 bios

Can one of you guys with Crucial Ballistix modules post some screenshots of your GENIE BIOS configs for the NF4 SLI-DR (or even the Ultra D)?

I'm interested in overclocking my modules but I'm a little lost in this BIOS. I'm familiar with the GENIE BIOS in my NF2 board, but I'm not sure what the implications of changing certain parameters are in the NF4 BIOS.

PS - Is there a comprehensive guide to what the parameters are on this site somewhere? I'd like to understand how messing with the LDT/FSB, etc. parameters will affect system timings, etc.

Thanks

If you look in the AMD overclocking forum you will find both a comprehensive guide to overclocking in general as well as one for the memory.