ps/2 mouse + karajan audio = background noise

I notice that when you have a ps/2 mouse and the karajan module installed, when you move the mouse or click a mouse button, you would hear some *grinding* noise. this does not happen with a usb mouse (also make sure the volume are cranked up)

Is there a way to fix this? (besides getting a better sound card and using an usb mouse)

EDIT: the noise is coming from the audio speakers, not the motherboard as seen in some posts.

I'm wondering if your backplate's metal 'flaps' are making contact with your sound module and ps2 ports. Try pushing on the backplate while you hear the sound to see if better contact between shielding and your ports makes any difference.

The other thing you may want to try is enabling the Spread Spectrum options in the bios. Although not directly affecting your sound card, spread spectrum forces the specified component to bouncing around slightly instead of staying on a fixed frequency. Generally this can reduce the radio emissions from your PC and may be amplifying any noise you are receiving. This one's a bit of a longshot but I'd be thrilled if it worked :)

-Dan