is it safe to run this memory at 3.00v

MiExStacy

I have a corsair XMS 512mb 3200c2 V4.2 I have no idea what type of chip it uses but to be able to run it at 275fsb I have to use 3.00vdimm is this safe? is there a bios so that i can use 2.95vdimm?

I have a corsair XMS 512mb 3200c2 V4.2 I have no idea what type of chip it uses but to be able to run it at 275fsb I have to use 3.00vdimm is this safe?

Thats fine.. I run my ocz @ 3v.. Just feel the ram while looping memtest #5 and see if they feel very hot ... If they are then aim a fan toward them to cool them..

They should be warm but if you have to pull your finger away fast because its burning you then its too hot.. ;)

According the ram list HERE , your memory uses either Samsung TCCD or TCC5.

3V is at the very top of the voltage usually used on these chips.

If you scroll to the bottom of the list, there's an area where they list Samsung - based memory and its possibility of clocking over 300 - I don't see a listing for your "V2", but the "V1" is listed as "around" 300.

No problem.. Even if they are not real hot cooling then will not hurt.. If anything it will extend the life of your ram or maybe help in clocking it higher..

GL..

EDIT.

Blooz1.. is correct.. You really dont want to give them any more voltage.. But some TCCDTCC5 needs 2.9-3v to max out.. They are a strange chip for sure..lol.. Some people max them out with 2.6-2.7v and then others need 3v.. go figure !

just the info I was looking for. my memory benchmark for a nf3 board went up alot :) it looks stable pass memtest 3 times now going to wait til after work to play around with it more.

from 245fsb-273fsb i gain 500pts in 3dmark2001 and 4329/4331 for sandra memory test

thx all

okay I got 280fsb 1:1 stable had to use [email protected] but to keep my cpu stable at 2520mhz i had to use 1.623vcore=1.475/110% setting

with xp-90 and dumbass retail 92mm fan that came with it max temp is 54c. You guys think this vcore is okay?

I know for athlon xp I had my [email protected] for 2-3years and it's still running fine at my bro house

trying to get every inch off of it since my evga 6600gt overclock so low 545/1.0 :(