Can't boot my OS

Hello!

I wondered if anyone could help me out with my problem.

When I power up my computer, everything is fine with the POST part, but when the comp starts booting, there is no disk activity after a time. I formatted the disk, tried the XP installation and during the procedure the disk just stops and a faint clickering noise is heard. Tried 3 disks already, one SATA and two IDE. The same problem with all three of them. Tried all of them on a different MB, everything working. So the disks are not the problem. I wonder if anyone could help me as I'm slowly becoming desperate.

Thanks!

Well, the system was up for two weeks so I haven't managed to OC it yet. I just manually set RAM frequency to 400 as it was set to Auto and showing 360. That's all I did. Everything else is at stock speeds. I suppose since then I'm having problems. When I reverted the settings in BIOS the same problems, while I load the fail-safe deafaults the same problems again. No setting whatsoever can make the disks work. The ones that don't have an OS stop in the middle of OS installation, the ones that do just get stuck with the Win logo. The screen doesn't freeze, the disks just flicker very silently and nothing happens.

And also, I don't think the cables are the problem since the same cables work well on other systems which I used to test my disk.

Oh yes, my BIOS date says March, 10th 2005

Well, I really dont know what to do except to take my MB for a new one. Today I got an XP logo and then it just faded away and the computer rebooted. I tried another set of memory as well. Nothing.

Well, I really dont know what to do except to take my MB for a new one. Today I got an XP logo and then it just faded away and the computer rebooted. I tried another set of memory as well. Nothing.

Try updating the BIOS to 623-3.

Please then follow the instructions: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21248