Alexia's College Fund(GOAL REACHED!)

Angry_Games

Well, the timing for this couldn't come at a worse time, but trouble always comes in duplicate (and most times triplicate!).

With Hurricane Katrina basically destroying a big chunk of the Gulf Coast recently, most of you have (hopefully!) already donated something to the Red Cross or other trustworthy organization (and if you have not, please, even $5 or $10 helps! ExRoadie and Rgone and a few others from this forum are down in that area).

Alexia, our forum administrator who does all of the wonderful work on these forums, has just been nailed with some serious fund shortage because of college. To the point where he is going to have to sell his main rig to get out of debt.

We've had many many users ask if and how they could donate to this site (since it is funded by me alone out of my own pocket). We've always told users that they didn't need to donate, as it is out of my own need to help customers that I supply this site.

Alexia has done all of the hard work to make these forums what they are in structure and function. I have donated what I could to Alexia, but keep in mind I don't make much money, and neither does Rgone (we have a job that we love, and would do for free even if we could not get paid for it). If I could put Alexia on our payroll, I would in an instant.

So please, if you have a few extra dollars, please click the donate button below and help our awesome admin out of this tight spot. Even if you have only a single dollar, that is something, and it goes to a good cause (keeping this site updated and running properly). Think of it this way....if every member here donated a single dollar, Alexia would be rich and I would be begging him to pay some of my bills haha.

Anyway, neither of us like that this situation came at a time when hundreds of thousands of people are in dire need of help down in the Gulf Coast are, but life doesn't seem to care much about if it is a good or bad time....life just happens.

I'll start off by donating $50.00 out of my own pocket.

You DON'T have to donate anything. And you don't have to feel bad if you cannot or do not want to.

I feel like a lot of you though have a good heart and will help out our admin and get him through this hard time. This is the one-and-only time that we can forsee me asking you guys to help out (and I will NEVER ask you to help me out as I actually get paid to do this job).

I don't get (nor need or want) a dime of this donation. It all goes to Alexia, and when Alexia reaches the amount he needs to not have to sell his hardware (about $800.00, thank you very much Pennsylvania College of Technology lol) then we will pull this down and not have need for any more donations.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site, and Alexia I know will thank each and every one that can donate a little to him.

x-click-but21.gif(Click Here)

Goal: $800.00

Donations to date: $800

Amount left to go: $0

ps: again, if you have a few extra dollars beyond this, please give it to the American Red Cross to help Hurricane Katrina victims also. Momma and I have donated $20.00 to the East Coast Hockey League Relief Fund (for ECHL players/employees that play for the Mississippi Sea Wolves) and another $20.00 to the Red Cross. It ain't much, but it adds up.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I go through the "brokes" all the time!

Anyways, here's a lil' bit - after all we're talkin' SCHOOL here!

ah I knew you guys were a good bunch of nerds (even if you smell bad)

Alexia says thanks about a zillion times but he's too embarrassed I think to say much (that's just Alexia). He really appreciates you guys, and he might get unflustered enough to say so eventually, but just know that he really does thank you...and he's just like me...I ^@$@#% hate having to ask for anything, especially money...it always makes me feel soiled and worthless (I'm sure a bunch of you feel that way too when you have to ask for money).

Anyway, I thank you (for helping him out), and Alexia thanks you ;)

I tossed in some Alexia.. I hope it helps you out..

Your work here is priceless .. keep it up.. :)

Everyone at my job is putting together a donation for the red cross.. I was watching some video clips online the other night and it really just leaves me speechless looking at how bad it is.. :(

Thank you, very much! As Angry said, I am embarassed, but I shouldn't be! :O So I decided to take a picture of most of the stuff that pushed me over my budget. It is these little surprises that make you go insane. Two professors have extra additional requirements not on the scheduling information then there was the book store not even having half the books I needed.(Amazon is cheaper!) Last year I purposely over planned for my budget.

Left to right: Unix and Cisco books for my major. Photography supplies for my required art class.(I love photography.) Computer help desk book. In the background, my laptop and book bag and a few plushies.

budgetstuff.jpg