Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo128

All AMD X2 owners should read this. Game performance issues.

Overclocking..whast that :confused:

Be happy for the :dog: to be stable.at stock.

After an hour into doom3 for a brief period the video card apperaed to be failing, from then on comp ran slowwww, then eventually BSOD.

comp BSOD's too quick normally to test for slowing down.

Latest bios 70**** what ever, did not change the BSOD issue.

What I did notice was that the fans did not speed up after the hour of DOOm 3, I thought they would have?? AMD driver installed (XP nolonger reporting error with memory controller in hardware manager), C&Q enabled but not established in Power savings.

It would be interesting to find how many people have these problem's with ATI cards and who does not with NVidia.

I'm experiencing weird gaming issues too when letting them run on both core's, I mainly play Dark Age of Camelot, and it'll display graphic-errors and connection loss if I run it on both cores.... I had the (network) connection-loss with BF2 as well... Setting both to 1 core solves it right away, even if I already had gfx issues in dark age of camelot, once I put it on 1 core it corrects itself instantly...

I havent installed the AMD driver yet, going to give it a go who knows... Sig is alittle outdated, running at [email protected] now...

I am somewhat perplexed because I never had any game issues with my X2,,It runs battfield 2 flawlessly with out setting affinity . .There has to be some common reason why these chips work for some and not for others. .

It is my understanding the DFI has not come out with an updated BIOS for the x2 4800+. If that is so, how are they using #1 DFI lanparty nf4 SLI-DR mobo's and #2 what are they updating their BIOS with?

As I have both of these items and would like to get my comp up and running, any help on these questions would be appreciated.

FYI...here's my setup

(1) PC Micro Warrior Case

(2) Thermaltake Pure Power 680 watt

(3) DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Motherboard

(4) AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core Processor

(6) Corsair 1gbKit DDR XMS3200XL

(8) Plextor 716SA SATA 16x Dual Layer Burner

(9) Western Digital "Raptor" 74gb SATA 10k RPM

(10) 3 1/2" 7 in 1 Disk Drive

(11) XFX Overclocked GeForce 7800 GTX Video Card

(12) Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy X-Fi Extreme

Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD Monitor

More to come.

the 6.23 official bios, among others, is fine with x2's

as for game play, the only issue i've had is with serious sam2 demo which needs to have the affinity set.

everything else runs great. i have installed the x2 drivers and used a fresh install of xp pro sp2 and the 66.6 drivers.

The reason you are having problems is that no games currently exist that can actually use a dual core processor. I don't care what driver you install it ain't gonna happen. I am not saying the games won't work. They should work but only on one processor. The current games available are designed for use on a single processor architecture.

If you bought a dual core to have the best gaming rig you wasted your money, unless of course you wait until 2007. But by then you will need another mobo, cpu and ram to play multi-threaded games :)

If you bought a dual core to have the best gaming rig you wasted your money, unless of course you wait until 2007. But by then you will need another mobo, cpu and ram to play multi-threaded games :)

What logic is this?

FX-55 $811. 2.6GHz

X2 4400 $534 2.6-2.8GHz on air OC, Dual Channel, SSE3, Dual FX-55

X2 @2.6GHz =

3Dmark 03: 17,613

3DMark 05: 8432

What logic is this?

FX-55 $811. 2.6GHz

X2 4400 $534 2.6-2.8GHz on air OC, Dual Channel, SSE3, Dual FX-55

X2 @2.6GHz =

3Dmark 03: 17,613

3DMark 05: 8432

So you actually believe that the X2 4400 is equal to 2 fx-55's? Don't believe the hype. Also, games are not sales applications designed to sell CPUs like 3dmark (well maybe they are in an indirect way). Do you honestly believe that AMD would put out a chip that is actually twice as fast according to the sales benchmarks and still keep the FX-55 on the market? The reason they are selling you the X2 is to get a foot in the door against intel, makes some money so that they can make a real multi-core architecture.

Also I don't advocate buying an FX-55, I am talking a 3700 or 4000. But we all have to justify our decisions so that we don't look like fools. So believe the hype if you must all you are doing is making my stock grow :nod:

Oh yeah the driver must have done the trick huh. It must have converted your games code to use multi-threading and your "dual core" to a real dual core system. Right ;)