Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo128

All AMD X2 owners should read this. Game performance issues.

Guest zoo

I got all problem of the world with my PC.

I can't play many games with out freezed, blue screen error, reboot, etc,etc,etc...

BF2

NBA 2006

UT 2004

PoP TT

I trayed everything. Affinity, RAM timming relax, Tryed another RAM, Relax HTT (2.5x ) Slow down memory and core clock of my 7800GTX. Installed 2 different version of Windows XP (With SP2 and without SP2). Get off the sound card, uninstalled your drivers, run the game wothout sound, intalled AMD X2 driver, etc,etc,etc. Nothing, nothing fix this unstability :confused:

Any other idea?

I got all problem of the world with my PC.

I can't play many games with out freezed, blue screen error, reboot, etc,etc,etc...

BF2

NBA 2006

UT 2004

PoP TT

I trayed everything. Affinity, RAM timming relax, Tryed another RAM, Relax HTT (2.5x ) Slow down memory and core clock of my 7800GTX. Installed 2 different version of Windows XP (With SP2 and without SP2). Get off the sound card, uninstalled your drivers, run the game wothout sound, intalled AMD X2 driver, etc,etc,etc. Nothing, nothing fix this unstability :confused:

Any other idea?

You might have a hardware problem. For the CPU and memory, use prime95's torutre test overnight. See this thread for prime95 and dualcores. prime95 dualcore torture test

Guest zoo
You might have a hardware problem. For the CPU and memory, use prime95's torutre test overnight. See this thread for prime95 and dualcores. prime95 dualcore torture test

I will try prime95 torture test this night. Tomorrow i'll tell you what happened.

ii was having similar lock up problems i have a BH-E4. I udated driver and found that seems to fix the problem.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Techni...1_13118,00.html

That's not work for me :(

Thanx 4 yours answeres!

Quick question guys.. I've read and re-read this thread twice but I see no mention of the Dual Core Opterons showing these systems unless I'm missing it. Can anyone confirm that?

:D

Guest zoo

Well, mission acomplished. Prime95 torture test finished without any errors. Ran for along 8 hours 33 mins. No errors, No warnings in any two CPUs

So... now what? :confused:

I thinking in my motherboard. May be there is the problem. I don't know. What do you think?

Thanx!

Guest zoo

I tested all 4 RAM modules. All is ok at all. I passed memtest for 1 hours 2 moduls around and other 2 for 4 and 8 hours and no errors memtest was found.

I'm thinking in the motherboard. I don't know. I will try with a LANPARTY UT SLI-DR. next week.

I switched from a x2 3800+ manchester --> to opteron 165 DC and all the problems related to games 3D "stuttering" went away

Thats what I wanted to hear. My opty 175 gets here tomorrow. :D

Should have put my post here yesterday instead,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34451

To Qoute:

"Been on lots of forums trying to get my gaming issues resolved..

Everyone had a different "fix", although the most prevelent seemed

to be the "affinity" fix.. That seemed to work on only a few games.. Tried

everthing else, including tweaking my ram timing and so forth.

Anyways, I was on ATI's site on friday and noticed they had a new driver

set out.. Catalyst 5.12 for Win64 Pro.. I didn't get too excited as that never

seemed to help, we won't even go into the "Catalyst or Not" debate..

Like i said, wasn't too excited until I read the release notes:

Catayst® for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition introduces dual core support..

Humm.. So I uninstalled my old ( 5.11, with the non-catalyst control panel )

Installed the new 5.12 WITH Catalyst..

Everything works great !... Havent had to do the "affinity" deal or use the

2000 launcher which i was using just to get some of my games to work!

Anyone using an AMD Dual Core processor with an ATI card and having

simular problems to what I've described, giver 'er a try.. Worked great for me!"

I think most of the problems are related to video driver's more than just

the fact i have a dual-core. All my non-graphics related programs seem to

have always run fine, whether native 64-bit or running wow.. All I know is that

the ONLY thing i changed was the vid drivers,

and everything works great now.

Just as an FYI, I am not running C&Q, but i do have the cpu drivers

installed.

Alright, I've been having a lot of problems with my shiny new setup... which is very frustrating. I'm an avid game player, and I've been having issues with Counter-Strike:Source, Call of Duty 2, and Fear. Sometimes I'll get a minor stutter that'll last about 15-20 seconds, sometimes it will bring me back to windows. I've tried the following so far:

1.) I tested my hardware fairly extensively. I haven't overclocked my new rig yet because it doesn't seem stable as is in games, so I figured I wouldn't chance it. I ran memtest86, prime95, and Ati Tool (now with Nvidia support) for a number of hours apiece. No errors there. Cool and Quiet is disabled, all my memory timings are set to AUTO currently, and everything else is default.

2.) I've installed, removed, and reinstalled all my drivers numerous times.

For my 7800gt I've tried 81.95 reference, 81.94 from EVGA, and 78.03 most recently becuase someone online suggested it helped them... didn't help me though.

For my SLI-D motherboard I first tried the drivers off DFI's site (6.37), then I uninstalled those and tried the NVidia reference drivers, version 6.82.

For my Audigy 2 I installed the latest drivers from Creative, then I uninstalled them and tried the KX drivers just to see if it was causing problems. It had no effect on the problem.

3.) I installed the AMD processor driver. It seemed to temporarily reduce the problem, but it is still there.

4.) I tried setting processor affinity to CPU 0 in Counter-Strike, still crashes.

5.) Toggled V-Sync on/off in my games. Seems to help but not completely.

6.) Installed the Windows XP hotfix, no help there.

I have a pretty big Zalman copper heatsink, properly mounted with Artic Silver 5. Nothing is overheating (including the video card), the ram is tested as good, and was used for a year or two in my previous system, the power supply is brand new and more than adequate for my little system (535W, dual 12v rails, plenty of amps to go around). I really don't know what to do. I wanted a nice system I could quickly encode video on and play some games. I can still churn out some video, but gaming is a joke, and it really shouldn't be with a 7800gt. Anyways, I'm going to try installing Windows again shortly, but any suggestions before I go through all the trouble would be helpful. Thanks.

Guest zoo

Yeah... i got the LANPARTY UT SLI-DR. Now all working good right now!. I can play UT2004, BF2 (passed 32min), PoP 3.... :nod: