Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo128

All AMD X2 owners should read this. Game performance issues.

Guest JustinSane

My friend has a X2 3800+ and get the speed ups and slow downs in Need For Speed:Most Wanted. I will direct him to the AMD driver to try and fix it.

Question thought for everyone with Dual Core. Are these problems enough to make you want a single core? I am about to order a DFI Lanparty Expert and a 4400+ but I want to know if the driver really does fix the problem first in case I get the same probs.

If im not mistaken, e4 is manchester (3800&4200&4600) and e6 is toledo(4400&4800). Some manchesters that are e6 are originally supposed to be toledos, but there was a cache problem, so half the cache is burned, making them manchesters. Either way, I have a toledo e6 (opti 165).

I have an E6 revision CPU and its a Manchester core. So I don't think we can relate all E6 revisions to Toledo or vice versa. As far as I know there is no Toledo core AMD 64 X2 3800+ chip out.

i have an E6 4400+ and i noticed speed-ups mostly in NFS Most Wanted, but across a few of my other games too. it would only happen once in a while - with or without the AMD and/or MS patches. after finding out about setting the cpu affinity, all my problems were solved. one thing i'd like though is a way to save the settings for cpu affinity so i don't need to do it every time i load a game (yes, i did find a batch command to do that. I wan't to try a simpler approach if possible)

I have an E6 X2 3800+, the only stutters i notice are in NFS Most Wanted. All my other games ( CS Source, HL2, Quake 4, FEAR) dont have any stutter issues. No drivers or MS patches installed.

never had a problem with my 4800 playing bf2 and cod game always ran just fine. mpt sure what rev it is but will take a look just can't right now rma'ed my nf4 sli-dr bios problems. also what is this amd driver everyoner is talking about will searh the treads.