NF4 SLI-DR - Which video card?

evilpresence

Albatron Geforce 7800GT - I suppose it wouldn't be cutting into the budget too much... but would I see an increase compared to the ones below with the 3200?

BFG 6800GT OC - Guys at school like this card a lot.

But is it worth the extra $25 over this card eVGA 6800GT as the specs are nearly identical?

(Hope this is the right section)

I agree, it really depends on what games you're playing. If it's the newest games, and you must have the resolution cranked up, and all the "eye candy" turned on, then go for the 7800, since it puts up twice the numbers as a 6800. Games that are a couple years old, played at resolution of 1024x768 or lower, there will be no difference, imo. Difference between the 2 6800's isn't much. They'll both probably overclock to the same frequencies, if you plan on overclocking.

I play World of Warcraft, Doom 3, UT: 04, Call of Duty and Warcraft III - all on my laptop which has an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 and a gig of DDR2. Now being a WOW addict (hopefully you know what I mean), I get about 42 fps on average (sometimes up to 53fps) with all the settings maxed out. If I recall correctly, WOW maxes out at 60 fps. I think I would be satisfied if WOW hits that mark. I'm assuming all three graphics cards I have above can do that... Therefore it probably wouldn't be necessary to get the 7800.