Good System Specs not so good performance..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yessir ... look at my sig

AMD Athlon 64 Processors have the '+' after the model...

Ex: 3500+... 3700+ ... 4000+

EDIT: Go drop in the "For Sale or Trade" Forum and see if you have any luck there.

If not, sell it on eBay

Honestly, I have no idea. I have never sold anything via internet before.

For starters, you will have to knock quite a bit off the top. Reason being it is used. It is like a new car. As soon as you drive it off the lot, the resale value drops. Maybe ask around a little as see what ppl would pay for a component of that kind.

Yes, I'm thinking selling it may be a little premature as well.

Have you had a chance to check the links and try the Affinity dilio?

I'm still not sure what was your "real" issue with it other than loading times.

I have allot of lagg issues with Guild Wars, thats my issue lol also the slow start speeds of games. Idk about the slow windows boot but ill see what happends after i get a new processor, and yes i did try the set affinaty thing and its a no go didnt work. So you think $280 isnt to much to ask?

May want to give this a shot:

From this forum

http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=53288&st=35

Quote Begin:>>>>>>>>>>

Ok, I found a workaround that only needs to be done once. It's called RunOnProcessorExplicitly or 'ROPE', it's a command line affinity setter that's allowed me to bipass the problem by setting each of the games with issues to ONE processor. All I have to do is modify the shortcuts.

For example, I changed my painkiller shortcut to read:

"D:Program Filesinnes.orgROPEROPE.exe" -f 0 -n F:PainkillerBinPainkiller.exe

Or use processor "0" on application with Name "F:PainkillerBinPainkiller.exe"

Also the "start in" field should read the location of the application you actually want to run. For example "f:PainkillerBin"

This is an annoying problem because all the games run smoother on two processors then one... that is when they run at all. But it's something.

I needed something like this for a few games because they'd error out within 4 seconds of clicking on them which made going to the task manager just about impossible. One of the things that has the lowest tolerance for out of sync processors is Blink video. That errors out just about instantly every time. It was so bad that before I found rope, I had to remove the movies from most of the games I wanted to play... or the company logos would error out the game in the first few seconds.

An app like Rope should be offered by AMD and put on their web page... This is a REALLY useful app that is a must for anyone with multiple processors.

Quote End:<<<<<<<<<<<

may fix your issues with games that are giving you grief. I'm guessing if there is an issue with x2's in games that either a new processor driver or ERRATA will be issued. I'm sure DFI would include the errata options on their stable bios if/when it's available..

Additional comment I found>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anyway, always TRY the game before you enable rope, because a LOT of games actually work really well on BOTH processors. The only thing you have to watch out for is that sometimes they will "sort of" work which is really worse then them just erroring out. They will either run really fast or switch between going fast and slow. Sometimes the speed difference is very subtle, but you notice it subconsciously. I first noticed it on painkiller when I got a headache. I didn't notice it the first time until I just stopped and focused on what was making my math meat ache. The game was switching between going at normal speed and 1.1x normal speed... every 5 to 10 seconds. The game is unplayable like that because you press buttons at the wrong time or have to change your lead based on different physics every few seconds.

End Comment<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<