Good System Specs not so good performance..

Ok as you can see in my sig my system specs are pretty dam good and i should not have any kind of system lagg. Ill explain a few problems that i have. After i reboot i start css (for example) it take about 20-30 seconds to start the program, but after it starts for the first time it gos faster after that each time. Keep in mind my dell can start css faster than this....thats pretty bad. Is there anything i can do to make it go faster? My dell is a 3.0ghz pentium 4, 1.5 gig kingston ram..Also another problem i have is "robot" lagg after hours of gaming with Guild Wars..Please i feel taken advantage of by building this asome system and its not even keeping up with my dell :/

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not much of a gamer but I do know that the Motherboard reading is the "PWMIC".

Isn't that lag CSS loading from the Hardrive? That could be anything from fragmentation to where it is on the HDD (or additional services slowing it down or a bazillion other things). Not sure what "robot" lag is.

Voltages you are showing would mean you are running at default (or 2.0GHz). The 1.3 seems very low to me. thought it was 1.4v default. could probably OC it a little at least. Single cores seem like they are Overclocking better.

The Value RAM isn't going to helpthe situation much either.

Really nice job on your sig though. (Just a lil bigger on the font for me eyes)

I'm sure one of the gamer/x2 guru's will be along shortly. :)

lol thanks for the compliment on the sig lol..Umm well i thought i would get the x2 bc it is good for multi tasking and to me it sounds like it would be a good gamer cpu.. How do i change the voltage?(ima noob sorry) The value ram shows that it is 1gig in my system specs so it must be working? The only thing is that i didnt buy this comp so i cant just go buy another cpu and call it a day..my parents bought it for me and as you know the x2's arent cheap..I didnt no that i had a firewall on until now.I turned the windows one off but the Nvidia one is on how do i turn it off?

So are those temps hot for normal use? Also i dont have a problem playing cs:s just takes longer than usual to start up ater a reboot..Not to mention those temps are with the side panel case off lol so ya they shoud be cooler than that i would guess.

The 2 things worth trying (to see if they make any differences) are:

1> Disable the Nvidia firewall (turn off) and see if that makes any changes.

2> try playing around with the 2 ERRATTA(sp) settings in the bios. I believe one of them makes a difference in performance with X2 chips.

Also - Are you using the newest Bios? I think the latest release mentioned something to do with X2's as well. Worth a try if you haven't. The windows based flasher is easy to use but I'd recommend doing this outside of windows if your system isn't totally stable yet.