rookie question

I bought a dfi lanparty sli D MB back in april this year, for the 939 platform never upgraded the bios though. Now I'm waiting for some new stuff, will get it later this month. What I've ordered are 2 asus geforce 7800 gtx that I hope to run in sli, and a athlon 64 x2 4600. I figured I should get myself somehints on what prepareations I ought to do before plugging everything in. What Bios should I download and is there a way for me to update the Bios by cd? I don't have a 1.44 disc-drive. Should I reinstall my OS when I start up first time after installing? Anything else I should know that will cause me problems when I'm upgrading, in regards to the new cpu or the twin 7800 gtx?

I'm not that experienced when it comes to upgrading my pc, though I did manage to put together the one I'm using now. I'm not so confident I will get the sli-thing up and going right away though. Seems a bit complicated.

you can use the official 623-3 bios by downloading it at the DFI Official Website.

There are 2 other ways of updating the bios without using a floppy:

1. update by CD( use the search function. It is your friend).

2. update using a program in windows called Winflash. Very easy to use. Never had any problems with Winflash whatsoever.

However I am used to the old method of flashing.

Setting up SLI is really not so complicated. First thing you want to do is switch over the jumpers to SLI. put in the second card and put on the bridge. Then enable sli in the Nvidia properties and then it will ask you to reboot. I never had any issues when installingn SLI.

Thanks, I'll give winflash a go. Will this new Bios, work with my existing one core cpu or do I wait till I install the dual core cpu before flashing?

I ordered 2 Asus extreme 7800 gtx, but what I really wanted was the Asus Extreme top 7800 gtx, It's not too late to change the order though so if anybody's successfully put 2 of the Asus extreme top cards together on this motherboard please let me know. They have better performance but they are too big for my motherboard I believe.