SLI Problem

Though some could argue that this is a video card problem, I think the problem may reside in the motherboard. I have tested each card individually on this board and I can get around 8000-8300 on 3dmark05 in single-GPU mode. Now, going to SLI enabled mode, the BEST score I have got is around 9300. I reviewed all of my settings, set it to high performance, no AA/AF, checked to make sure that SLI-multi GPU was enabled, etc. I ran it again and I got 7903. I dunno what is wrong here, but it sounds like maybe a problem with the bridge between the cards or communicaiton between the cards. I am seeing no improvement at all in my 3dmark05 score when I should be breaking 11,000. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had same problem! Have you installed the AMD X2 CPU driver ? This exact same problem i had. I remember uninstalling the drivers then simply re-install Get latest drivers for all VGA and chipset (6.66)

I had same problem! Have you installed the AMD X2 CPU driver ? This exact same problem i had. I remember uninstalling the drivers then simply re-install Get latest drivers for all VGA and chipset (6.66)

I definitely did what you said, yet I still come in under 10k. Each of the cards gets over 8k on 3dmark05 in either slot in single GPU mode, so I am pretty sure they are not responsible. Any other suggestions??

I don't have this problem, I ran 3dmark05 last night got a score of 12000+

You better check your mobo and driver config...

Kind regards,

Karl

I did a fresh install of windows xp pro, using only the newest drivers, and I still have this problem. I now think the problem must lie with either the mobo or the psu. The reason I am suspecting the PSU is b/c the drop in score like this is something ppl have experienced when one of their power cords wasnt plugged in properly.

I had some interesting experience with 3dmark05, when I OC my graphic crds the scre will drop drastically , then I tested with different OC increments, and found that 3dM05 likes certain spot and dislike others , like if I go up to 480MHZ on gpu it likes that and I get higher score, then I go to 485mhz and it drops like 1000 to 2000 points, strange behavior of 3dmark, so I stopped worrying about it.

try to downclock your cards to 450/1200 I know you the oc version, and see if 3dmark gives you around 10500, then this should be about right. And then you would know it's the 3dmark bug and not your system.

I did a fresh install of windows xp pro, using only the newest drivers, and I still have this problem. I now think the problem must lie with either the mobo or the psu. The reason I am suspecting the PSU is b/c the drop in score like this is something ppl have experienced when one of their power cords wasnt plugged in properly.

That PSU really should do it for U... But to eliminate it from the equation, borrow a PSU from some1 and either run double PSUs if so run the GFX cards and the HDDs on the other PSU or borrow a BIG PSU..