Jerkiness in games after a time with X2 3800+

Don,t know what game you are playing but I copied this from the bf2 forum maybe the last part will work on your app.

For those with AMD X2 dual core processors, after trying everything else(voip, punkbuster, micboost, etc), try this. Open Task Manager, Start BF2, Alt+Tab back to Task Manager, right-click BF2.exe, select Set Affinity, Unselect CPU1, Click OK, go back to game and play. Worked for me, let us know if this works for you.

I can't beleive some of you came up with the power supply thing again. This is a known issue with some games and the X2.

I do agree a better PSU would be great but this has nothing to do with this particular problem.

I can't beleive some of you came up with the power supply thing again. This is a known issue with some games and the X2.

I know exactly what you mean. Noone gave the writer of the A-list the authority to dictate that any other hardware will not meet the necessary specifications. This PSU issue seems to come up in 100s of threads, most of which, by the looks of it, they arent relevant to.

People should encourage diagnosis of a system, not wrecklessly throwing money away for new parts without checking if the old parts are even at fault! I am sick and tired of seeing this from forum users and moderators alike. This is counter-productive people! Stop cutting corners!

I do agree a better PSU would be great but this has nothing to do with this particular problem.

I was just shocked that he's running that psu and said he should replace it, I didn't think it had anything to do with his problem. :)