Games crashes after overclocking

javier

Hi Dynomutt, may I know where can I get those info??

Last nite, I use stock settings and I overclock my 6600 to 400/950, ran Doom3 at Ultra High Quality and resolution to 1280 x 1024, Doom3 ran ok for the first 20 mins, then PC hangs and reboots...what happened??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you get all the info we need from the Genie BIOS and DRAM config options in your BIOS, write the all down and Post them up and see if we can spot something wrong,

the hang could have been due to the OC on your 6600, bench @ stock everything to ensure that you have a fully working stable system then OC, if its not stable @ stock settings then it will not be stable OC'd, check temps too with ITE Smart Guardian off the DFI CD

I ran Prime95 for 17 hours and it is ok. Then I ran Doom3 at stock settings(BIOS and graphics at stock) and after playing for 30mins, system hangs and reboots.......

Using SmartGuardianm CPU temp=31deg, PWM=41deg, chipset=47deg

I use my fren's Inno3D 6600 graphics card in my system, no probs. Then I use my xpertvision 6600 in his system, it is stable as well. Both systems ran 3DMark03 and use the same nvidia drivers. But when I switch back to my graphics card, my system hangs. DFI mobos doesn't like xpertvision gfx card???? :confused: