which nf3 or nf4 (939)

redrooster

at the risk of opening a can of worms i will ask the ? anyway im putting together a new pc using an x2 4400 ,2gb ram , my problem is i have an x800 pe agp , do i go for a 939 nf3 ultra d or do i sell the card which is under a year old and go pci and buy a nf4 board :confused:

A question many have faced.

That's a real tough call or a real easy one depending on your budget.

I waited and waited for the DFI NF3 but in the end I decided to pop for the NF4 and buy an X800XL PCI-e. Glad I did, it's a great board. But with the Rev 2 of the NF4 and the new Crossfire boards coming out, I think I'd wait and see before I made any moves.

i faced d same thing too choosin between nf3 n nf4. but my case is a 'lil bit diff since my vga is not so high end so it's easier for me to make my choice. :D

if u r satisfied w/ ya current setup, esp vga and psu(i assume 24-pin), juz go for nf3 instead. i dun deny that sum r havin hard times w/ d board, but d main root cause is juz d bios problem. i had mine too, after updatin d bios, everything works fine for me now... :)

d choice is alwez yas to choose... :nod:

I'd see what you can get for the video card and shoot for the proven NF4 platform if you are ready to build right now. Waiting on the crossfire's release and all of the teething problems that are sure to come with it may be a long wait (even though they are supposed to be available this month, who knows till they actually ship)...The NF3 939 AGP has it's share of problems which may or may not get resolved with bios releases. Waiting for those to be resolved (possibly) with a revamped board that we keep hearing about but no one actually has in their hands could be another long wait for essentially dual channel memory and the use of your existing AGP card on an aging NF3 platform. I'd by an LP 250gb and a Sempron 3400+ rather than the AGP 939...too little too late.