Yellow memory slot problem....need help!

Guest sweeper_merged

Guest sweeper

I've tried everything to get the yellow memory slots to work on my motherboard and nothing has worked. I want to run 2GB of ram, but the yellow slots does not work at all. I've tried one stick of memory at each slot, two sticks, four sticks and all it does is error beep. The orange slots work fine with two sticks. Does anyone have any suggestions.....could the slots be disable somewhere or is it a bad motherboard?

Guest sweeper

Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure what BIOS I have and I've tried to update the BIOS to 623-3 version, but nothing works. I've about had it with this motherboard. I can't seem to get nothing to work! Any advice is welcome!

When you updated to the 6/23, did you follow the official rules found here at this site? They involve loading defaults, updating, clearing cmos, loading optimised defaults, restarting etc.

PS, you're bios revision will be shown in date form, in the lower left hand corner, when the splash screen is disabled, upon boot.

My yellow slots do not work for me either. I have tried just about all the bios versions I can and 3 different types of ram. Not sure if it has to do with my 4000+ Clawhammer or not but I doubt it. I know these boards are supossed to be all revA.. but there are different rev. a's I wonder if they changed something in the yellow slots and if so I think it is time to explain and own up to the RMA rush.. I can not use my 4 sticks of ram. I can not get any 4 sticks of ram to boot. I can boot with 2 in the orange slots and switch them to the yellow slots with no change in the settings and all I get is the single slow beep and no post. Switch back to the orange slots and im fine.

Think I will start chasing down them RMA wagon soon..

And yes.. this is with the "Proper" procedure for Bios changing.. however much of a boondoggle that truly is.

Well I don't blame U for looking at the RMA timetable right now (I would have to). Especially since U have tried almost everything U could think of. However U mentioned that your pal had another AMD64 is it also a Clawhammer?

My board also refuses to proper finish posting if using the yellow slots. I get as far as verifying dmi pool data however instead of it printing this on the screen posts halts and goes into a never ending reboot process until I put my ram back into the orange slots. I have tried this with all variations of -2 bios as that is what is required to run yellow slots.

Guest sweeper

After hearing others are having the same problem, I'm not pleased with DFI motherboards. The only reason I went with this board is to be able to run 2GB of ram at DDR500. I've spent close to 400.00 in OCZ ram and now I have a motherboard that will not run it. I think DFI should recall these boards for falsely stating they are matched for running the OCZ PC4000 ram. Does anyone know of a motherboard that will run 2GB of ram at DDR500? What can I do about getting a refund for this piece of **** motherboard?

I know member Tyler had a biotch of a time running 4x512 of Mushkin in his rig.

Just read he is running 2x1G of Ballistix now at 265x10

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22880

So yes you can run DDR500 with 2G on the board.

Seems like a pretty savvy guy that may share info or . with you if PM'd

I know THunDA (moderator) is also running 2G at 270x10. He's always helpful.

Think I'm following most of this. Kinda slow sometimes. :)

Your sig says you have "OCZ PC4000 VX Gold Edition 1GB" but you have 2G (4x512) of it now is that correct?

You have tried to flash to 623 bios but can't? Not sure what you mean.

All sticks work fine if in any orange slots. Yes?

But not even a single stick (any of them) will post in a yellow slot? Correct?

You are using a ClawHammer and have set the the FSB to 166?

You Need a Venice Core or newer to get the memcontroller to run 2G at 200FSB don't you?

Is it Set to 2T or 1T?

Over $400 bucks in RAM that isn't booting has to be really stressful. Sheet, any no post is really stressful.

been searching for a post where a member said after flashing to 623-2 he booted with a single stick in yellow with OD. and then set settings with single stick, saved rebooted, added second stick, saved, rebooted, added Orange slots and it worked. Can you share your input to the questions I asked.