Sign in to follow this  
Darkwolfind

Sli DR wont post

this is interesting i tried a different PSU and it just gave 4 led lights and no i cant even enter the bios

I had the same problem happened to me, and when I reset cmos , nothing happens at all, I get to one light and it freezes at first screen showing cpu info and ram info, and I can't even turn it off with button I had to switch PSU off. If that's the smae thing happening to you do this, but do it at your own risk, I've done it many times and it works usually this happens to me when I'm messing around with ram timing.

shot system off

disconnect power supply and wait for the led light to go off.

take out battery

switch the cmos jumper to 2-3 position

with battery off and jumper in 2-3 position start the system

it will start up and even load the window that way, but you can enter bios and set default settings, save and exit then you can power down your system, put your battery back on and switch the jumper back to normal.

Hope that works for you, it works for me every single time. I actually made a post about it asking how come this works but I got no feed back from the guru's here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22074

Good luck

ok well the batt trick may have work may have not i disconnected my USB devices and WOOOOOOO IT POSTED WEEEEE now wheres that victory smoke at ill kepp you all updated.

after tracing the problem with it not booting up with usb... found out it was the mouse... lets say that sucker made a one way trip out the window and i went and grabbed my bkp optical mouse...