NF4 or Silicon Image SATA?

Hello everyone first post here on these forums! I just recently got my DFI board about a month or two ago and have a few questions. First being what is everyones preference on SATA controllers? I've been using the NF4 SATA ports and have been having a few minor, yet extremely annoying, problems. I have no idea if these problems are in any way linked to this, more than likely not, but these problems only began to occur after I got this mobo. Some examples of these problems are file corruption in games. Pretty much any Blizzard game does not run correctly because, "client data has been changed" or something along that line. Itunes and Quicktime will not run. I install and they work immediately after that, but any time after the programs will not run. I click the exe or shortcuts and absolutely NOTHING happens. So just wondering if this has anything to do with my SATA. If not, I still want to hear your preferences on which controller to use. Thanks for your help guys!

Thanks for the input soundx98, kind of figured the nf4 would be the better choice. Anyone have any ideas on why im having these problems? I am completely at a loss on this one, don't even know where to start to find out what is causing this problem!

Not much help here, but I've been using the SATA 3 port since I booted this board up. No reason at all, other than I couldn't read the writing on the PCB clear enough and I thought it was SATA 1. :nod:

I've had absolutely 0 problems running my HD (Maxtor Maxline III) on it. When I tried to put it back on a different port a few days ago, I had nothing but trouble, and couldn't get anything stable. Coincidence? Fluke? Who knows, but I've had no performance problems or instability running off the SATA 3 & 4 controller.

Hmm haven't tried a different cable. Yes I am using the thin yellow one that came with my mobo. Did you just swap for a different cable that came with the mobo or did you buy a different one?

soundx98 said it correctly, NF4 unless raid 5 needed, because it's faster and that's the reason you raid in the first place.

EDIT: off topic, but I just noticed I was awarded an avatar, and I like it!! TY Angry! Was hoping I didn't get awarded one, and have it be one I didn't even want. It's cool.