Memtest errors!!

DansFace

I've been trying to Overclock my 3700+ SD, but I keep getting bluescreens and reboots...

I had it going at 230FSB with the HT at 2.5 for a while today but i noticed memory problems...

im running these sticks at 3-3-3-7 at 2.8v at 230 FSB... this is below spec and I'm still getting memory errors...

I've tested each stick by its self with no problems at all

any ideas where i should start next?

I've been trying to Overclock my 3700+ SD, but I keep getting bluescreens and reboots...

I had it going at 230FSB with the HT at 2.5 for a while today but i noticed memory problems...

im running these sticks at 3-3-3-7 at 2.8v at 230 FSB... this is below spec and I'm still getting memory errors...

I've tested each stick by its self with no problems at all

any ideas where i should start next?

You've exceeded the RAM's designed SPD timings so it's no surprise that you can't reach the rated speed.

The 1GB sticks are 3-4-4-8 as shown here: http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/store/Par...L12864Z503&cat=

Try loosening the timings to get better MHz.

Don't feel too bad. I got crappy OCZ Platinum RAM that only goes to 211Mhz. Grrr.

You've exceeded the RAM's designed SPD timings so it's no surprise that you can't reach the rated speed.

The 1GB sticks are 3-4-4-8 as shown here: http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/store/Par...L12864Z503&cat=

Try loosening the timings to get better MHz.

Don't feel too bad. I got crappy OCZ Platinum RAM that only goes to 211Mhz. Grrr.

oman that tom petty concert kicked my butt

i thought this stuff was rated at 2.5 4 4 8

:]

lol

oman that tom petty concert kicked my butt

i thought this stuff was rated at 2.5 4 4 8

:]

lol

changeing the timings to 3 4 4 8 didn't help...this stuff is PC4000 it should be able to run at 230 220FSB range without errors..

something else must be causing it When I get home from work i'll see how far I can get without any memory errors!

having been messing with my ram last few days trying to get it 100% stable, thing that added most stability for me was upping the data drive strength (to 3 for me), which then allowed me to tighten up some of the other settings which just wouldnt take it before..