PSU's for Intel OC'ing

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i mean it powers 6 harddrives, a X850XTPE (heavly overclocked), An Audigy 2ZS Plat, 4 sticks of overclocking memory (2.9volts), 3 optical drives, 2 sets of 2 cold cathodes, 3 .33 watt 120mm fans (radiators) 12v, some case feet and case fans.

It can allow the processor to go up a bit. So by itself its a good power supply. Rails are where they should be. I love the look of it and the sleeved cables.

Anyways i do want to do some more overclocking because even with my cooling i cannot get that high because of voltage.

So you say to stick with single 12V rails for powering the power hungry P4Es? Im debating between the OCZ and Antec one. Which would be better or does it really matter? In short: Will one power the processor better than the other?

Edit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817711002 does this have PFC? Its not listed but i assume a PSU below and above it have active PFC this should have it.

Looks like im going to get that beast. It gives me 20 watts more power but from what ive read, Aspire seems to be really not liked for powering... Weird. Like i said, i havent had a single problem with it and i love the look of it. Just cant get it to power my CPU enough.

• 1 month later...

I have the same PSU and I'm running 2 cdroms, four (now three) hd's, overclocked nvidia 6600, ati tv tuner card, and running two external fans and a water pump for cooling.

No PSU issues overclocked from 3.2 to 4.25 so far. I have seen some variations in the 5 volt but that was before water cooling.