• NeoPower 480W
    • Phantom 500W
    • TrueBlue II 480W
    • TruePower II 480W
    • TruePower II 550W
    • TruePower II 550W EPS
    • TrueControl II 550W

Which Antec PSU are you using with your DFI N4 mobo? :confused:

Please tell us about your experiences, the good, the bad & the ugly! ;)

Multiple answers are allowed.

Thanks,

Dave :angel:

Well so far I just built this x2 4400 and was thinking that the psu I have now wouldnt be enough for it but so far its great and no poblems.. Running 10* 250 and very responsive :)

First Dfi I ever own and so far very pleased..

I have the Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W and I have no complaints about it...It runs with clean power at specs.

Jim

Using a Neo480 for the system in my sig. Actually this is the 2nd Neo I owned. The first one (R.I.P) fell victim to my negligence because I listened to the manual and didn't use the molex and FDD connectors (manual clearly states all 4 are only needed when running 2 video cards). Needless to say the strain was too much and the 5v rail on the psu got ravaged. Since the first time I installed the 2nd one I've used all 4 connectors, the thing is solid and stable.

I have the true control - true power 550w. The rails are very stable. I also have the capability to increase or decrease the 12v, 3v, 5v and fan speed. I have used it for 4months without any problems. It is not the best looking psu, so I made some changes. Added one of the following to it : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...001c8730d361b9a

Also sleeved the wires and replaced the stock fan with a 3way multicolor led fan.

Guest area51

I have two Ultra-D based systems (one in sig) that are running True Power II 550W's. They have performed flawlessly and well within spec! Neither machine is SLI though so I cannot speak to performance in SLI.

My only complaint has been cosmetic...the damn cables were a mess and a real pain to sleeve :rolleyes:

All in all I would not hesitate for a second to recommed one to anyone. I could not be happier!

I hope the 500W Smart Power 2.0 is a good PSU because it comes with the Antec TX1050B. (The case I'm getting.)

i have 4 tpII 550's running 2 sli-drs and 2 ultra-d's.

i think they are great, very tight rails and very quiet. this is a somewhat dated pic with a winny and only oc'd a bit but heres 12v2 under some load-

http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf00026zo.jpg

idle is 12.00/11.99 on that psu. the 12v1(cpu) is the same, 12.02 idle 12.01/12.00 load. same for the 5 and the 3.3. very tight.

i've heard 1 person saying he had an issue with the fan and therefore "couldn't recommend it" but i've never seen anything remotely close to what he experienced. max i've ever seen my fan spin is ~ 1100 rpm (its represented by the pwmic in the linked pic)

right now they are running a 3000 venice @ 2565, a 3700 @ 2750, a 3200winny 2450 and an x2 3800 @ 2600.

my only complaint with them would be the rats nest job of cabling they do on all but the last unit i got.

I have two Ultra-D based systems (one in sig) that are running True Power II 550W's. They have performed flawlessly and well within spec! Neither machine is SLI though so I cannot speak to performance in SLI.

My only complaint has been cosmetic...the damn cables were a mess and a real pain to sleeve :rolleyes:

All in all I would not hesitate for a second to recommed one to anyone. I could not be happier!

yes, i have a TruepowerII - 550W. recently i sleeved the wires, and they were so damn hard to sleeve. ide say the next PSU ide buy is going to be presleeved, mostlikely an OCZ Modstream 520W, for neatness and for professionally sleeved wires.

also that new rig might have a sidepanel window (my first), and ill jazz it up a bit. thats in 2 years from now.

(i build or reassemble or what not a new computer every 2 years).

hopefully by then ill be able to get a job =p

Tom

Which Antec PSU are you using with your DFI N4 mobo? :confused:

Please tell us about your experiences, the good, the bad & the ugly! ;)

Multiple answers are allowed.

Thanks,

Dave :angel:

anything spur this interest in user reviews of this recommended psu David?

anything spur this interest in user reviews of this recommended psu David?
Yes, I posted this question about just the Antec NeoPower 480W,

because these seem to be working fine & I wanted user data to see if I could justify putting it on the "A" list.

AG suggested posting a poll containning all of the current Antec PSU's that would be appropiate for a DFI N4 mobo.

I/we would like to expand the "A" list, but we need hard user data to do it.

Dave ;)

cool :)

seems like antec is getting bashed alot these days (not here per se) so i wanted to make sure they weren't coming off the "recommended" list.