Sign in to follow this  
Flawlessly

Which Memtest86+ to pick?

I'm going to install a new system and don't know which Memtest86+ to use. No OS yet just plain system without anything after setting up. The ISO one maybe?

Memtest86+

yes you can, memtest86+ COMES with your bios :)

just go into Genie bios or something like that and enable it. once you do your testing, then disable it.

dont waste your time for the ISO one when you have it already in your bios.

less hastle.

Tom

He wants to use the stand alone version, I like to use it too, as I hate ging into bios everytime to turn it off and on here:

http://www.memtest.org/download/1.60/memte...1.60.floppy.zip

this is the floppy build version

I agree. For the amount of time it takes to go into the bios to turn it on then back into the bios to turn it off you could simply load it from the bootmenu during post via escape from a floppy. The next time you reboot the boot order will go as it usually was from the hard drive.

What I think should happen is this. The Memtest option should be ADDED TO THE BOOT MENU and you can select it only when you want during post by hitting ESC during post. Have it load into memtest as if it were a bootable drive then when you exit leave the system be and as above the system will post as normal straight into your first bootable HDD.

Hello :),

I think I missed somethin' here. Which Memtest is in the BIOS? Memtest86 or Memtest86+?

Memtest86+ is included in all BIOSes except v125.