Emergency! Need Help! -- No Boot! :(

Sounds like you're being rather impatient when you're putting your board together.....not saying you are or anything, but that's the impression your post is giving me.

You gotta take it in small small steps when you're troubleshooting board probs, no plugging in hard drives and wireless cards and whatnot....just the basics. Take the mobo by itself and plug in just the power connectors, a single stick of memory, your cpu and fan, and the video graphics card, and hit the board's built in power switch; check what the diagnostic leds tell you. If your computer won't even POST at this stage, you've taken a whole lot out of the equation, and it's more likely the people here will be able to give you better help. If your comp boots up fine at this point, turn it off, and then alternate between adding new things and turning on your computer and checking to see how far it gets until either your computer starts up correctly, or you figure out where it's messing up. Then just post that info here.

Also, smoke coming from a mobo is never a good thing....at that point, you have no idea if anything changed, or if anything works at all, so it becomes downright impossible for someone to just tell you what's exactly wrong with your system. Hope you get your stuff up and running....good luck!

i have to agree somewhat, i am being impatient, its only because school is starting in 13 days, i have less than 2 weeks, and i want to get my computer out of the way before school starts =.

btw, in the past hour, ive tried more testings. ive tried my fan controller, all of my fans and my new DVD burner drive. All worked well, so im glad those arent screwed up :)

as ive said before, i have no real way to test my processor, so i guess ill just have to wait and try it on a new board. same with my videocard.

i am having a very high doubt that my videocard is fried because i labeled the wires and sleeved them all as they were before i took it apart.

that being said i dont think their was a shortage there.

wish me the best with this, hopefully i can RMA my board. if i cant, ill have to shell out another 150 dollars for a new board. IF i cant get my board RMA'ed, then i guess ill get an Ultra-D while its on sale.

Tom

news is, i just RMAed my board to newegg (whom i bought it from) bad news is that i probably will have to wait for ever to get it RMAed.

when i had to RMA my memory, it took me about 3 weeks.

looks like im going to be working on my comp during school time.

damn i was looking forward to a clean room =[

hopefully i can get it sooner, i dont know, wish me RMA luck, and also i hope that my processor, memory, and videocard are all good.

Thanks for your words guys,

Tom

i got some news.

i tried my Antec TP2 550W psu (that sleeved), on another old computer, and it works. ive plugged in my fan controllers and more, and they work too.

That doesn't mean a whole lot if the older system doesn't use the p4 (+12V) connector.

Jump like this: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=118964

Test like this: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=137886

GL ;)