Sign in to follow this  
Aarrggimapirate

Is it possible to change MAC with bios?

Can you change your MAC address with your bios? I have not dabbled in bios modification yet, but it seems like you can just set voltage controls?

Guest Tmod

First what would the voltage control have to do with a MAC address?

And if memory serves correct you can enter your MAC address in the bios.

Tmod

Just saying all I have seen is voltage bios mods, for the most part anyway. Have not got deep or looked past the surface of bios modification though. Sorry if I was unclear. Let me check really quick on that MAC changing in the bios, because if so then im just retarded (not like we didnt know that already but...)

MAC addresses are hardcoded into anything that connects over ethernet. MAC addresses can't be changed because of how the technology for ethernet works. If it could be changed, there could be two devices with the same MACs, and that would seriously screw things up.

MAC addresses are hard coded to the hardware/NIC. So it can't be changed there. However, if you were asking if you can add the MAC address to the bios, yes. There is a spot to do that for the Nvidia Gig Ethernet port.

MAC addresses are hard coded to the hardware/NIC. So it can't be changed there. However, if you were asking if you can add the MAC address to the bios, yes. There is a spot to do that for the Nvidia Gig Ethernet port.

On my old Ultra Infinity I could definately change the MAC address to whatever I wanted...sent some nice messages in hex to the networking guys here at Clemson. :nod: