Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tmod_merged

Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod
nice little tidbit. can you make it for the Sil Image 3114 as well.

God knows SI has to get it right sooner or later :D

Yes it would cover all of the current SATA bios's and controllers.

Tmod

once again awesome work awesome cd.the 704-2bta is too good for my components

to ever change again.but im back on the dfi nf2 ultra b just to use the cd lol.and run through all the bios for it.im using hellfires turbo bios now.going to try the others just cause the cd is so cool.used 6.5 now im using 7.0.love the built in WD utilities since thats all i use for hard drives.you deserve a standing ovation.

Hey there! first post here for a dfi - noob! Ive tried burning the cd and using it about 5 diferent ways. I tried to follow the instructions exactly - no dice.... I get a "boot failure i insert system disk and hit enter" msg. I also tried using the "create bootable disk feature in nero - that one boots to a dos prompt and I;m at a standstill - tried exe, run , load, all the things I remember from 5th grade computing class..... - any help would be appreciated... note I have not hooked up anything but the cd drive - wanted to flash to new bios before finishing build. - thanks!

yes - have done my best to follow the instructions exactly - may try the whole process over and see if that works - thanks for the reply...)

i couldnt do it tmods way either.used sharps method,with the magic iso and winace,worked first time every time.under sticky how to burn an iso.i switched from roxio to nero a looong time ago but im thinking nero isnt as foolproof as tmods cd.

Guest Tmod
I get a "boot failure i insert system disk and hit enter" msg

Have you set the bios up to boot from the Cdrom first?

Tmod

This is gonna be noobish but here goes, what is bios hotswapping and what is it good/used for?

If you search the forum for hotflashing you will get detailed info about it.. Its not something thats done on a regular basis its only to recover from a bad flash or corrupted bios..

Guest Tmod
I have burned like 10 billion cd's and dvd's in my life, many of them from ISO images. I can't get this thing to burn to save my LIFE!

The MD5 checksum is perfect, and I burn it in Nero with "disk at once" or "track at once" - it doesn't matter. I get the following text:

Start booting from CD...

Error loading image: DEFAULT.EZG

Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Verxion

Did you ever try the different version that I sent the link for?

I am interested to know if it fixed it.

Tmod

Guest Tmod

Hi All,

I just made a tutorial using CDBurnerXP Pro as the burning engine for Tmod's CD V7.0.

If you don't have Nero or you want something that is free and works great check out this tutorial Here.

Tmod