Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tmod_merged

Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod
Reposted for you in the ATI section as well

Thanks for the repost!!

Would it be possible to rename the title to just Tmods Bios CD's on this thread as the name does not cover all of the boards covered?

Thanks

Tmod

Guest Tmod

Just thought I would let you all know that version 7.0 of my CD is now available for download.

Please let me know if you run into any problems or have any concerns with it.

The change information is in the first post as well as the new images so you can see what has changed or been added.

The download link is toward the bottom of the first post.

If you plan on using Western Digital's Data Lifeguard Tools you will have to hit to gain access to the program when it asks for a floppy (Hey I didn't write that program and they were going to charge me for a version that didn't ask for the floppy).

Well that is about all I can think of saying right now but I am sure some will have some questions so fire away.

Tmod

Just thought I would let you all know that version 7.0 of my CD is now available for download.

Please let me know if you run into any problems or have any concerns with it.

I DL it because my MoBo Beta BIOS to give a try.....

CD works fine but that BIOS simply kills my key and mouse in XP. Maybe its good idea to put on that CD some info about BIOS files?

Beeing that this is my first post, let me just tell: Great work!

Guest Tmod
CD works fine but that BIOS simply kills my key and mouse in XP.

Saying that bios kills your key and mouse in XP gives no help to me or anyone else here as I don't know what bios you are referring to.

Maybe its good idea to put on that CD some info about BIOS files?

That is a great idea but I am limited on space and menus on this CD, Also being that I am the only one creating this it would kill me in the time department.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Tmod

Just burned it with Nero 6.6.0.18 in Vista x64.

Working Perfectly.

Thanks for all the great work Tmod. :)

Can't wait to try it out, I loved the 6.5 version. Very easy to use and professionally done too :)

Thanks for your hard work, I for one can't live without your bios flash CDs.

Thanks for the new revision Tmod. I've got a few things...

First of all, the menu color is totally messed up on my system. This is very likely due to my X1000 video card. This happens with these cards. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that it makes some text unreadable like the "CMOS clearing instructions". I understand that you probably can't do anything about this, but it would be cool if you somehow made text legible even for X1000 owners.

Also, and this may just be my ignorance, but I thought that OCZ Tony's 4/06 was a mod of a different (earlier) BIOS and not a mod of the official 4/06?

Also, and I guess this is more of a question for anybody, there is a 3/29 BIOS listed on DFI's site with the same changelog as 4/06. Was the date code for official 4/06 just changed? What is the story there?

I may be able to shed some light

But 1st - you need to complete a signature of you equipment before posting again.

Forum rules are below my sig.

And you should also know that mods are directed to "delete" posts asking for help without a signature.

I'm on the 3/29 Venus Bios - 1st Bioses with CPU Temp correction under system health, and it doesn't have odd divisor correct -

As I remember it Tony's bioses came out a week later, and they set default boot to 2T and added the odd divisor correct (he usually does some magic loosening on the timings to make it more compatible with various type of RAM).

I remember Tony saying he was working with DFI on the Bios (DFI site may have been down at the time) and then later DFI posted the 4/06 bios on their site and I assumed they had gone back to tighter timings and a 1T boot.

I may just be talking stupid but that's the way this oldfaht's memory says it went down.

Guest Tmod
First of all, the menu color is totally messed up on my system. This is very likely due to my X1000 video card. This happens with these cards. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that it makes some text unreadable like the "CMOS clearing instructions". I understand that you probably can't do anything about this, but it would be cool if you somehow made text legible even for X1000 owners.

Well if you care to send me your X1000 card I will be more then happy to try and create something that will work with it. Honestly though there is no way I can test it here without having the same card as the CD works great for me and others as well.

Also, and this may just be my ignorance, but I thought that OCZ Tony's 4/06 was a mod of a different (earlier) BIOS and not a mod of the official 4/06?

Well I'll be damned, You are 100% correct. Although Tony admits he doesn't know which bios revision it was based off of. Since we have no idea what exact version was used I will just remove that date on the next release.

EDIT: After comparing Tony's 406BTA and the official release of the 0406 I found that they are closer to each other then the 3/29 is to the 04/06 so I am leaning towards Tony's mod coming from the 04/06 bios with tweaks he made.

Also, and I guess this is more of a question for anybody, there is a 3/29 BIOS listed on DFI's site with the same changelog as 4/06. Was the date code for official 4/06 just changed? What is the story there?

I don't see a 3/29 official for any NF4 board, Would it be possible to supply a link?

Tmod