Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tmod_merged

Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod
I doubted it because he is not TMOD, only TMOD [ you ] knows if they are identical since you made the cd

I understand what you are saying and yes I did make the CD, But unless stated otherwise the files on my CD are box stock DFI bios's.

So anyone could have compared 11-14 to FX60Test and found that they were identical and that would have applied to my CD as well.

I had stated somewhere in this thread that they were the same but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Anyway the above info will apply to newer releases as well and I think on the next release I will just change the name form FX60Test to 11-14 as to avoid any confusion.

Tmod

Guest Tmod
Tmod what bios do u recommend for me (specs in sig)?

I usually suggest the OCZ Tony's 704-2BTA as it seems to be very popular.

Tmod

i just flash my ultra d with 7/04-2bta bios , and i found that the vid special control only has 3 options now ( 104%,110%, and 113%)

am i flashed the bios correctly ?

what if i need to set the vcore more than 1.75v ?

i just flash my ultra d with 7/04-2bta bios , and i found that the vid special control only has 3 options now ( 104%,110%, and 113%)

am i flashed the bios correctly ?

what if i need to set the vcore more than 1.75v ?

dude!

if you want to go higher than 1.75(which is way too high anyway) be prepared to lose your cpu!

even 1.65v is too high for everyday use.can go that high for benchmarking then back it down for stable everyday usage.

1.5 - 1.55v is a good setting for 24/7 work.

thats just my 2 cents worth anyway :)

well, it is not for 24/7 use , just to find max of my athlon 64

cause i try to set to 310*9 vcore 1.75v is not stable

296*9 vcore 1.56v is for everyday use

and my how about my first question, is it right to have 3 options only at the vid special control with 7/04-2bta bios ?

Guest Tmod
is it right to have 3 options only at the vid special control with 7/04-2bta bios?

Yes that is correct, Tony removed those other option's from his bios.

Tmod

i followed the post to a tee, the thing i saw different was when i extraxted the iso, it didnt look like your pic. yours shows a pic of a cd and mine dont.(the extracted file in winrar) i went ahead and burned it though. my next questoin is when im ready to use this cd, how do i use it? post comp. and hit f8? then boot from cd? it will load from there?

Guest Tmod
my next questoin is when im ready to use this cd, how do i use it?

Set your boot order for CD first and stick that sucker in the drive and boot from it.

Then select the bios you want to flash.

Tmod

Guest Tmod
Does the sil 3114 flash(ver 5216) have the b5216.bin file in it for ide bios?

You don't mention what bios you are referring to but if you compare the b5216 and the raid version of the 5216 they are the same except for the very last line of hex code.

Now take note that the last line is not used in the system bios module.

So basically the system bios has no preference for either IDE or Raid.

Tmod

The bios is sil 3114 ide,sataraid5 and system bios, version 5216.

It can be downloaded = http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/3114_x86_bios_5216.zip

According to the discription their are three bin files that are used for this. I downloaded the bios and only had two files. r5216.bin = the file for sata raid. b5216.bin = the file for ide bios file. Which I assumed that you used in your cd.

When I asked my above question I did not know how to check and see which bios was being flashed, but I now know what silicon image says on how to check this. On sil img site it says that you must have ide bios to use ide driver so that is the reason that I was asking.