Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tmod_merged

Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

In Addition to the above I am working on this as well.

Please add comments as to any changes you might want to see in the procedure.

cmos.jpg

Tmod

shwing

WAYNE.gifGARTH.gif

Guest Tmod
Tmod is there a way t oconfirm if I flashed with say bios version 623-2 by the post screens??

I am sorry to say there is not a way to be sure that it is 623-2.

Maybe I should look into changing the name and making that available.

Also I thought after flashing the bios your cd reset the cmos as well..am I wrong

I have the clear cmos switches in the command line but some prefer to manually do it as well.

Tmod

TMod,

In regards to nealh's question, can't you tell by the date in the lower left-hand corner of the boot screen, as long as the BIOS you flashed doesn't share a date with any other BIOS vesions that is!

I wanted to make a suggestion for your new BIOS Flashing & Utiliity CD. With in the CD there are many different BIOS versions available which are broken down by DFI motherboard model (nf3, nf4, etc...). Once you click on the mobo you have and want to flash your given a list of the available BIOS versions. This is where my suggestion/request comes into it. Is there anyway possible that you could add a brief description of each BIOS version (optimized for yellow slots, supports FX-60, romsip number, etc...)? I would be willing to help as much as possible to track down that info for the different motherboards BIOS files as I know it won't be easy to track that info down (If it even exsist)!

Now I might be the only one who doesn't particulary know from the BIOS file name (NF4EDB02, N4ELDB22, N4ELDB17, etc..) what that BIOS is good for or what RAM it is optimized for but I hope not! I have been trying to figure this info out for the currently available Expert BIOS's but havn't had much luck.

Guest Tmod
In regards to nealh's question, can't you tell by the date in the lower left-hand corner of the boot screen, as long as the BIOS you flashed doesn't share a date with any other BIOS vesions that is!

It will tell the date but he was asking for the -2 and that it won't tell you.

For instance you flashed from the 623-3 to the 623-2 and there will not be a way to tell by the date or any other number that you have the -2 flashed now.

Is there anyway possible that you could add a brief description of each BIOS version (optimized for yellow slots, supports FX-60, romsip number, etc...)?

I have a little room next to each bios selection that we can add a few words for a very brief description.

Let me know what you want where.

Tmod

Hi .

can you please tell me what program I need to view and use your program. I did what you said and used winrar to make it into a .iso, then burned it on nero 7, but when I put it in my cd drive it asks me what program to use and gives me choices: 1-copy pictures to a folder, 2- view a slide show of the images ,3- print the pictures, 4- open folder to view files usint window explorer 5- take no action ??

what's missing? what to do ? what did I do wrong?

TIA

stef.

Guest Tmod
what's missing? what to do ? what did I do wrong?

You are supposed to boot from it not run it from within windows.

Tmod

Oops...I feel even dumber now...didn't think it could be possible....

Just so I don't make another stupid mistake... In your post #1 I didn't see a bios for especially the Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D, should I look for bios in [5] DF1 NF4 Lanparty Bios ?

And also what Bios do you recommend for my setup? (Or the most commonly used)

Thanks again

Stef.

Guest Tmod
Just so I don't make another stupid mistake... In your post #1 I didn't see a bios for especially the Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D, should I look for bios in [5] DF1 NF4 Lanparty Bios ?

Yes the DFI NF4 LanParty Bios Menu is the one you want.

And also what Bios do you recommend for my setup? (Or the most commonly used)

The OCZ Tony's 704-2BTA bios is very popular.

Tmod

Hey Tmod,

Do you know what changes OCZ Tony's X704-2bt for the expert bios there are from the 12/07 expert bios? I can't find any info on this and I don't want to just flash it without knowing the difference... Thanks man!!

@ tmod. I now got new bios, thanks

also , since on my pc window takes 3.5 minutes to boot , or some programs anyway (window explorer, google,.. ) I figured there is something wrong also.

I hear my HD searching for someting inthere , and I would like to run your drive utility

but when I click seagate utility... first it analyse my system , then prompt next. the I see this:

my computer

- motherbord primary/sec IDE controller

- unknown controller

- 250 Gb bios drive 0x80 sn: n/a

-other seagate drive

- 250 gb st 3250823as sn:......

the problem is I rearch the HD with the tab, but then I can't do anythig else. pressing "i" wont do nothing. also the window select tests always stays gray? i can't go nowhere..

what to do iyo?

stef.

Hey Tmod,

Do you know what changes OCZ Tony's X704-2bt for the expert bios there are from the 12/07 expert bios? I can't find any info on this and I don't want to just flash it without knowing the difference... Thanks man!!

Hey d3MOn,

I'm also an SLI-DR Expert owner who has used both BIOS versions you referenced in your post. When I first got my board I flashed from whatever version it had to DFI's official 12/07/05 version. About 3-4 weeks later I bought some new high voltage RAM (Mushkin Redline XP4000) so I flashed to the E704-2BT version because it was pretty much the only modded "-2" romsip BIOS available for our boards at the moment. Besides that main difference I noticed some other minor differences in the BIOS settings.

I recenlty had to RMA my Mushkin RAM so I am back to using regular TCCD/TCC5 IC's so I falshed back to DFI's official 12/07/05 version. The only differences other than the romsip that I remember are settings within the BIOS. The 2 that come to mind are that on the E704-2BT the DRAM Drive Strength is set to Level 8 and the tWCL setting is missing from the modded version. I think a few other DRAM settings are set to specific values but I'm not sure which ones.

There might be a couple other lower level changes that I don't know about but the version ran good and I didn't have any problems with it. If you try it let us know what your experience was?

BTW, I just noticed we have the same mobo's and same RAM. I would suggest sticking with the 12/07 version if your going to keep your current memroy, although it might be fun to try it out. I've had my Expert for about 2 months now and I have spent some time researching the available BIOS versions but there are not many out there and there is not much info available for them either, :(