Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

OK ? are you useing OCZ Technology's Memtest86 in your CD ?

No I am not, I had read that the OCZ version had some issues with the NF4 and since that motherboard is so popular I didn't fell it was worth it to add it to the CD.

Now if they have happened to come out with a newer version then I would be more then happy to add that as well.

Tmod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did i misunderstain that ?

No you did not mis-understand it, It is just that it worked fine on earlier boards but has issues with the NF4.

Tmod

yes, you can adjust the settings. I believe it was the 4 primary ones but perhaps it was more. I personally found that I really didn't use the change option much and it is awful easy to reboot and change them.

yes, you can adjust the settings. I believe it was the 4 primary ones but perhaps it was more. I personally found that I really didn't use the change option much and it is awful easy to reboot and change them.

Was that on the NF4?

Tmod

But didnt know for sure so I asked you

No problem at all, I had looked at the difference between OCZ's memtest and the original to see if I could modify the newer versions of memtest to have the same features but then figured if it didn't work all that well for the NF4 it wasn't worth the time.

Tmod

Hi, Im new here and I really could use some help. This is my first build and I've been having BIOS troubles. Last night, everything was working fine until I decided to update the bios (N4D623-3) so that it would recognize my dual core 4400. I used the Winflash provided by the DFI website, and now Im learning that Winflash is horrible to use for flashing bios. When I restarted the pc, nothing comes up on the monitor (stays in power save) and I hear a beeping noise from the mobo. So I did jumper cmos clear and wndows came back like normal again, so i shut it down, put the jumpers back in normal, restart....beeping noise comes back...=/...so I did clear cmos AGAIN and got in to BIOs settings to "Load Last Bootable Setting" and saved it...it restarts automatically, and again the beeping noise. Did I dl something from DFI that screwed with my mobo (Winflash??). I find myself having to clear cmos every single time i want to get into my pc. And even after I do get in, I cant reboot my pc afterwards since the beeping comes back. I really could use some help here, any would be appreciated.

Then I came across this thread to find tmod's bios setting software. I have dl'ed it and burned it already. Will this solve my problem? Once I restart this computer, I have a bitter feeling that its gonna go through the beeping again. I'm hoping that this software will completely delete whatever I updated and revert to the old bios. Please any help, suggestions will be appreciated. My apologies if this isnt the right section to post this, but Im getting desperate right now.

dragoon

My Rig:

AMD X2 4400+ Toledo Stock

XFX 7800GTX @ 450/1250

DFI Lanparty NF4 SLi-DR

250GB Hitachi SATAII HD

550W Antec Truepower 2.0 PSU

(1x) 1GB Corsair RAM PC3200

dragoonmanx

While my CD is not really considered a recovery CD you could try flashing the bios from it and that will rewrite the data on the bios chip.

Try flashing to OCZ Tony's 623 from my CD.

Good luck and if things go wrong you are close to DFI so they will reflash your chip for free.

Please remember to clear the CMOS after you flash and do NOT use previous CMOS Reloaded settings.

Tmod

Thanks Tmod for that response, but it turned out that I got it to work. Strangely, these SLi-Dr boards have you put ram in a certain way and yet they say nothing about it in the manuals. Initially, I had my 1 gig stick in the yellow DIMM1, near the edge of the board. I moved it to the orange DIMM2 and low and behold, it booted, no problems. Then, I utilized your cd to flash the BIOS and I could not get the arrow keys to move through the options...it turned out that the keyboard need to be connected through the PS/2 port, mine is USB. Thats definitely something you may want to post up as an instruction unless Im just too nooby to realize that :sweat: Anyways, so I flashed the 7/04-2bta version and it booted fine. Your bios updates do allow the board to recognize dual core chips yes??? If so, I need to ask one more nooby question :D How the heck to you check to make sure that both cores of my X2 4400 is being utilized?? I went into task manager and checked the perfomance tab and there are 2 graphs for the CPU Usage, is this a clear indication that both are recognized? Are there any other sure fire way to check as well??? I mean obviously I could just run a whole mess of applications and see how well it performs, but some solid statistics would be nice. This build is definitely a learning experience for me, but a pain. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated...anyone.

Dragoonman

How the heck to you check to make sure that both cores of my X2 4400 is being utilized??

That is a good question, You may want to post that question in the NF4 section.

I don't know if there is any software to check that or not.

Thats definitely something you may want to post up as an instruction unless Im just too nooby to realize that

I will make a note of that.

Tmod