Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tmod_merged

Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

I actually didn't mind paying for the call.

Tmod breathes heavy during the conversation and talks pretty sexy and it's a lot cheaper than his standard 900 number :D

Guest Tmod
Tmod breathes heavy during the conversation and talks pretty sexy and it's a lot cheaper than his standard 900 number

Hey how do you think I got my title of "International Flasher" :D

Tmod

Guest Tmod
Any ETA on a version with the Expert beta BIOSes on it? Looks like an awesome CD.

Thanks!!

I already have everything done.

I will probably have it posted by tomorrow afternoon.

Tmod

More nerdiness from Tmod and the Cantundastanian.

There is definately NOTHING wrong with the CD.

It DOES definately appear to be a default Vdimm issue with MY OCZ3200 Gold.

A simple increase in Vdimm voltage solves the problem.

We pretty much proved it to ourselves tonight when I broke down and flashed in the Opteron/Mushkin BH-5 rig (also running at 3.5v on the 5v rail). The two rigs are very similar in settings and I couldn't think of any other way to prove it to myself.

Flashed and Booted 5/10-2FIX and FX60 Beta Bios without issues in both 32 and x64 Edition. So CD 6.0 is good to go. (sorta). It's big and I think he could use some help in hosting if there are volunteers out there. PM Tmod and I bet he would appreciate it.

More importantly, Tmod has been looking at BigToe's mods and the timing changes seem to make the bioses a lot more compatible with various RAM types. I've tested the 510-2FIX with the NEW Timings and it's a lot easier on my problem(?) RAM. May be different if I changed from the Yellow slots back to Orange but I'm happy with the way my rigs run so I'm hesitant to test a change.

But how much should the bioses be modded? We are assuming that any of you knuckleheads reading this are definately gonna change timings anyway :D

But do users want the original bioses or should he continue to change things?

Tmod has already changed them by adding the latest Memtest 1.65 and disabling the full screen logo on boot. The FX-60 came with an even earlier 1.55 version so he's changed that to 1.65 again. Does it make sense to change the timings as BigToe has done so users have a greater chance of a successful boot after flashing? Or should he keep it PURE?

Tmod is the type of guy that will go above and beyond to help the community but your feedback is important. Any thoughts would be appreciated I am sure. Any input of DOS utilities that you think could add to the CDs value are also sought.

Great work Tmod!

(Really be nice if we could find a way to get him an NF4 board, hint)

Guest Tmod

Ok folks Tmods CD6.0 is available for download from the link in post one.

The additions or updates are listed at the top of the first post also.

I am considering breaking the CD up into a NF2 CD, NF3 CD, NF4 LanParty CD and a NF4 Infinity CD.

This would allow me to use patches to update the cd's, I was going to use a patch on 6.0 but found out that anything over 1gig the patch won't work so I ended up having to upload the full ISO.

So any thought on separate CD's for each series?

I will include all the utilities on each CD so everyone has the same utilities.

As always any feedback or problems just drop a post here.

Tmod

hello all,

could someone please post a download link for tmod temperature dashboard as i am having some crazy temperature reading.am currently using tmod last beta bios(vdimm 4.0 without the psu mod)

my system specs:

amd 3400 newcastle cg revision(130 nm) running at 147x11 or 260x10.5(chipset at 1.7 and ram at 2.7)vcore 1.5x1.1

1 gb crucial ballistix pc 4000u 2.5 4 4 10 at 2.8v

asetek antartica complete kit

purepower 480 w

dvd rewriter samsung dl

what is the max safe voltage on this cpu as everything seems to be stable when i give 1.475x1.13 but voltage fluctuates between 1.68 to 1.73(cpuz,sandra,everest,smart guardian)

Guest Tmod
hello there i downloaded the file NF2MBDATA but not sure what to do after unzipping -nothin opens.sorry but am i missing something.

thanks for all ur help.

Please post your questions in the appropiate forum.

There is NO support for MBM5 in this thread.

In post #480 soundx98 gave you the link to the MBM5 thread.

Thanks

Tmod