Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

Will you be adding the latest Expert Official Bios anytime soon? just curious...

Where is it at? I have the latest that I see from the DFI site either Final or BETA.

The Expert x704bt bios works great but I noticed it boots with that stupid Full screen logo displayed. Any change of changing that? Used Memtest off the disk instead of the built inone in the bios. Does the Bios contain the v1.65+ or ther older v1.55+?

I can change the full screen logo no problem, I haven't checked anything on that bios so I don't know which version of the MemTest it has in it.

I will check and update it if need be shortly.

Happy New Year to you and yours CC.

Tmod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I haven't received any help with the request I made for some images of the CMOS jumpers and battery clip on any of the motherboards that I requested.

Now I know with over 900 downloads of just my CD6.5 that there is bound to be someone out there that has a digital camera and a board that is listed on the CD.

I can't see anyone downloading the CD just for the hell of it.

So I guess this could be considered a bump and I am attaching images of my NF2 Ultra Infinity CMOS jumper and battery for examples of what I need as well as the quality that I will need for clarity.

Thanks

Tmod

NF2%20Ultra%20Infinity%20CMOS%20Jumper.jpg

Battery%20Clip.jpg

hi tmod

would a photo of my dr board (which is already installed) be ok with everything attached?

its a real bugger to strip down.i can try and move things like the water hoses and some cables aside (somehow).

its a lot of hassle to disconnect everything but i can see what i can do

would a photo of my dr board (which is already installed) be ok with everything attached?

Well we could try it, The images that I posted are with my board in the case and everything hooked up.

No harm in trying.

Thanks for the offer!

Tmod

I'm at my parents house for the hols so comp isn't with me, sorry dude! However a thought, review sites often have high res images of the bare board, so you could just google image search or whatever and get the exact shot you want?

Suman

However a thought, review sites often have high res images of the bare board, so you could just google image search or whatever and get the exact shot you want?

Thanks for the tip however I checked several sites including Anandtech and there is nothing that I can use.

For a general image of the board they are great but I need to get up close and personal with the battery and the CMOS jumper.

Tmod

Hi Tmod, super work on that Bios CD, appreciated!

Sorry it took me so long to read all 38 pages of this thread :) but now I know what I can do to repay you.

As soon as I get home from Russia with the wife (around 7th jan. 06) I will take a nice snapshot of my Expert and mail it to you.

I'd also appreciate it if you could quickly comment on these few items:

1. The 704 bios differs from the OCZ Tony's one in what way? Just that's Tony's's's' is optimized for OCZ memory? Anything else? Because I'll be opting for the Tony's version for my 2 Gig Platinum PC4000 but I haven't heard squat about it while the 704 bios is quite 'famous'.

2. Your CMOS clearing instruction says specifically to NOT remove the battery on Expert boards... you might've expected this question: why not? :P

3. Are all bioses modified from versions that support Dual Core completely? I'd hate to run my incoming 165 on one leg :D

Cheers

1. The 704 bios differs from the OCZ Tony's one in what way? Just that's Tony's's's' is optimized for OCZ memory? Anything else? Because I'll be opting for the Tony's version for my 2 Gig Platinum PC4000 but I haven't heard squat about it while the 704 bios is quite 'famous'.

The 704 on my CD is from Tony, I have no idea what exactly he changed but I am sure it is on the same lines as the 704-2bta for the vanilla NF4's.

2. Your CMOS clearing instruction says specifically to NOT remove the battery on Expert boards... you might've expected this question: why not?

According to some that have tested this board after removal of the CMOS battery the startup voltage will increase and the chance of burning out the processor is increased. I believe even DFI says not to remove the battery on this board, This all may have changed with the latest bios release but I cannot confirm it.

Tmod