Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey soundx98. :)

First of all, thanks for the answer. It all makes sense now. I have always been so confused when I have seen NF4 Lanparty BIOSes and no specification as to which board they are actually for, but now it makes perfect sense.

Yeah, it is a great CD. Especially for the initial stage when you test all BIOSes known to man to find which works best. It will save so much headache once I get there (ordered my Lanparty Ultra-D a few days ago). I have never been a fan of Winflash since Windows is... well, Windows. If it crashed during a flash I would not be able to forgive myself, so I have always gone the floppy flash approach. But that takes it's time to setup for each flash, and if you above that have flashed to a BIOS your mobo does not like, well then there can be problems even getting a new BIOS on the floppy to flash in the first place, unless you have another computer nearby. So yeah, I love it. :)

Floppys and DOS get the better of me.

If you knew all the time, effort, and testing that went into the CD you'd wonder how Tmod had time to do it. The creation/compilation of a BIOS flashing CD doesn't pay very well at all. Hell of an effort for the DFI community.

The creation/compilation of a BIOS flashing CD doesn't pay very well at all.

You mean I am getting paid for this?

Hmmm damn wife must be taking it all.

Any Christmas bonus this year boss? :D

Tmod

Ok members I need a little help here.

I am going to be adding some screens to my cd that contain the DFI way of clearing the CMOS after flashing the bios.

The screen will have a image of each CMOS jumper location and battery location for each motherboard that the menu covers.

It will also have a text step by step procedure for clearing the CMOS as well.

So what I need from you is a picture of the CMOS battery and the CMOS clearing jumper for every board on the CD.

The only board I have is the NF2 Ultra Infinity so I can take care of that but I need the rest of them.

If you have a digital camera and are willing to help I would really appreciate it. The images have to be very sharp and clear so everyone can read and see them.

Thanks for any help and send me a PM if you have a image you would like to submit.

Tmod

I am giving a peek as to what the CMOS clearing screen will look like minus the images of the jumpers of course.

I would appreciate it if anyone disagrees with the sequence or procedure please let me know.

NF4 CMOS Clearing Instructions

NF4%20CMOS%20Clear.jpg

Thanks ExRoadie for the post on clearing the CMOS!!

Tmod

I just got my 2x512MB OCZ PC3200 BH-5 UTT (OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K), DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-D, and my Fortron Blue Storm AX500-A ATX12V 500W Power Supply today. I downloaded your file and easily made a bootable cd and found it very easy to navigate. Thanks for your hard work Tmod. :nod: :nod:

Is the 704-bta bios ok for Crucial Ballistix memory?

This bios was modded by OCZTony and it probally has the best compatibility for the vast majority of memory modules out there.

The best thing you could do though would be to search the forums for members that have had problems using the Ballistix and how they solved it.

I know there has been problems using it on some combinations.

Tmod

The Expert x704bt bios works great but I noticed it boots with that stupid Full screen logo displayed. Any change of changing that? Used Memtest off the disk instead of the built inone in the bios. Does the Bios contain the v1.65+ or ther older v1.55+? Thanks for the help and a Happy New Year T.

Crazy Carl