Sign in to follow this  
thelorax121

Cant Install Windows XP!!!

I recently purchased a NF4 LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR, and I ran into a problem installing Windows Xp Professinal (with SP2). Whenever I try to intsall the program, it boots from the disk and takes me to the screen where I press enter to continue with the setup, but after I press enter, I am taken to a screen that says please wait at the bottom, and it stys there for at least 6 hours (was still on when I woke up in the morning). I have a AMD 64 3700+ with a San Diego core, so my problem may have to do with an out of date BIOS, or is it somthing else. IF it is the BIOS, could you please tell me how to make a bootable floppy or disc from the download on your website (Itired extracting the files to a floppy and got a disc read error, and the disc didnt boot when I burned the files using roxio)? Thank you guys very much for any assistance.

NOTE: This is a completely new computer, so it doesnt have any drivers installed, and has never had Windows on it before.

Hi thelorax. well your on the right track. you should flash to the latest official bios for that board from dfi site. you create a bootable floppy from windows. right click the floppy a drive and choose format, and put a check mark in make msdos disk or system disk. Look at the bottom of my signature there is a link there for nf4 help. click it and then look for a link on how to flash bios.

Ok so so far it seems to be working (I got to the liscensing agreement at least:)), but jsut to be sure, how long should the next process take (loading from setup.ini) just so I know if everything is going alrightk, and I dont waste another night waiting for it to load

With your system you should be done in 20 minutes max.

Alrighty then, I didnt work. I left it at that screen for about 40 minutes, and nothing changed. Then I installed the 3rd BIOS from the bottom of this page: http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=A&SITE=NA

(the one that mentions San Diego cores). After doing that I ran through XP again (after clearing out BIOS ect.) and I got the Blue Screen of Death stating:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO!!!! Do i need to install the BIOS for 6/23/05? Or is somthing else the matter?

fix your sig first with the exact part# of your ocz memory modules so we can give you good stable settings for your memory

also...you really want to look into a better psu for the system you have setup...the Antec 480w is sorta ok for a low end system, but a San Diego, 7800GTX, and all the other stuff you got...its pushing on the extreme for that particular psu.

Repartition your hard drive making the primary no more than 60GB. Although the BIOS can see beyond the 137GB barrier if the HD has either an ATA-133 controller or a SATA, the operating system itself dates from a time when the maximum size of HD's were less than 100GB.

If you don't know how to partition a hard drive, you'll find illustrated instructions here