Stable NF4 Ultra-D, does it exist?

Sure the motherboard can overclock like no other, but it seems like a simple reboot a week or 2 from now will render your system useless. Atleast that's what Im reading from most of you guys. Did I buy a fast motherboard that's as unreliable as an ECS motherboard?

Well let me see..... Built my system back in Feb. Build and OS install went without a hitch. Went to dual channel in April. (Corsair xms 3200c2) Spent a few days getting it stable. Since I got a few stop errors (bsod) I went ahead and and reinstalled OS. I have not had a single stop error since. Had a slight issue in may. Power surge and a dying power surge protector. Got beeps and 4 diag led's. I cleared cmos, setup ram again, good to go. I have since changed out my RAM and PSU. Again with no issues. I just ran 8hrs of prime95 on Sunday. I had another toy to play with that day. I brought my XP2400+ out of retirement and installed Vista Beta 1. BTW it has a ECS motherboard.

Well let me see..... Built my system back in Feb. Build and OS install went without a hitch. Went to dual channel in April. (Corsair xms 3200c2) Spent a few days getting it stable. Since I got a few stop errors (bsod) I went ahead and and reinstalled OS. I have not had a single stop error since. Had a slight issue in may. Power surge and a dying power surge protector. Got beeps and 4 diag led's. I cleared cmos, setup ram again, good to go. I have since changed out my RAM and PSU. Again with no issues. I just ran 8hrs of prime95 on Sunday. I had another toy to play with that day. I brought my XP2400+ out of retirement and installed Vista Beta 1. BTW it has a ECS motherboard.

That's what Im saying though... You shouldnt have to reinstall OS just cause you went to Dual Channel... You shouldn't have to clear CMOS and setup RAM again just cause your SURGE PROTECTOR went bad...

Seems like a lil wind blows on the motherboard and you gotta change everything... Reset CMOS, for 15 seconds.. 30 seconds..... 8 minutes... 15.... 8 hours... How ridiculous is that?

It is not. I reinstalled My OS because I know better. I have built quite a few systems over the years. I have used MSI, ASUS, and ECS. This board is and has been as stable as any of my other builds. I contribute my issue with setting up dual channel as a learning curve thing. Once I got it figured out it was golden.

As to the power surge issue. I consider myself lucky on that. Could have fried my system. (Had one of those) Got away with just needing to clear cmos. Very Lucky with that one.

This is a technical help board and a research community. People with stable systems are too busy playing games and encoding media, along with what ever else, to be here praising their systems every day. The people complaining are the people with problems that are here to discuss a fix. It is up to the individual to search before posting, and to be concise about their specific symptoms and problems when asking for help.

I am having great success with DFI and the stability it provides, if you have an actual problem post it here. Speculation and generalization is not conducive to a productive help forum.

:shake: i am new to overclocking but have built quite a few computers and just like these other people my system has been running rock solid stable (overclocked no less) without any issues i did not cause myself. as far as clearing the cmos you should try playing with this msi socket a board i have if you want to see how many times you can clear your cmos in a week. lol

alot of the issues people have with stability is not checking out what ram and power supplies work best with these boards. some time we need to get a thread going to let people know about success people have had with this board.(but after all this is a support forum) or maybe just check out the overclocking database and see some of the stable overclocks people have in there.

I'm going to start a "Stock Speed Database" that will be like the Overclocking Database, but users will have to do all the required stability tests (except Prime95 will have to run for 24 hours minimum) at stock, stable speeds.

That should be even more helpful than the Overclocking Database..