How much to overclock?

mihapodb

My signature tells you all you want to know my computer

So my problem is i dont know what is my maximum (cca.) for my AMD64 and my MEMORY (freequency, voltages,...) and also tell me which bios is the best now to overclocking my memory and for my MB??? i forgot, i have very good cooling and for memory too.......so this is not a problem!

Please tell me if you have this what i have.......THANKS A LOT!!!!!! if you will help me.....if anyone is so kindly and can tell me more about this cn add me to msn: [email protected]

TNX to ALL

Guest Blooz1

Well, you've got some nice parts to play with!

I'd suggest some reading for you first of all - THunDA's O/C guide will be very helpful explaining how to find out what your maxes are. It'll take some work on your part, but a truly successful O/C isn't "instant gratification"! Here's a link;

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960

thoe redline mushkin are such a bad babies, my friend has them and I oc his memories 310x9 1:1, but one thing those mushking really ask for volts they love it, 3.4 /3.6, to get those 310 mhz with a huge 120 fan blowing right over them

Your memory is guaranteed to work DDR500 with 2-2-2-6 timings and with 3,3V - 3,5V of voltage.

There's good bunch of bioses made for DFI NF4 boards, TechPowerUp has nice collection of them. I'd recommend you to pick up 623-2 bios for your board.

Maximum clock speed of your CPU is something you have to try by yourself and we can't say for sure how much you can overclock it.

Then the memory timings you need to set manually from BIOS:

DRAM Clock: 200 (1:1)

CPC: Enable

Tcl: 2.0

Trcd: 2

Tras: 6

Trp: 2

Trc: 7

Trfc: 15

Trrd: 2

Twr: 2

Twtr: 2

Trtw: 2

Tref: 1168

Twcl: 1

Other timings can be left to "AUTO" value at this point.

Test out your system is fully stable with following timings, and if it is, you can try to get even more out of your Reddies by trying to tighten following timings

Trrd: 2 -> 1 (or even 0)

Twtr: 2 -> 1

Trtw: 2 -> 1

I also posted exactly same text for you to Mushkin forum. I work officially for Mushkin and help is here if you encounter any problems with Mushkin products. Feel free to PM or Email me with any questions you have.

I work officially for Mushkin and help is here if you encounter any problems with Mushkin products. Feel free to PM or Email me with any questions you have.

Nice to see a Mushkin presence here. Welcome.

Nice to see a Mushkin presence here. Welcome.

Thank you :)

Angry_Games, do you mind if I put some text on my signature about my status on Mushkin? If it happens that they encounter some prolems with any of our products or they happen to need an overclocking advices, so people knows where to ask it.

Very cool (and I apologize for intruding with OT comments on this thread.)

A factory rep being present would be a factor in my consideration of any future purchases. Granted I am not looking at the moment, but it would make a difference if I were.

The Crucial guy has a small crucial labs logo and I don't think the OCZ guys run anything but OCZ in their names.

Hi Zebbo

Vortexics claim of 310 for UTT is very impressive but are these 'special' modules as I have not seen these do more than 270 with 'v.good' ones 275 but @ 3.8v and the average really seems to be around 260-265.

What Mushkin Redline UTT can do 310 at the low timings suggested and where can one source these :D

Very cool (and I apologize for intruding with OT comments on this thread.)

A factory rep being present would be a factor in my consideration of any future purchases. Granted I am not looking at the moment, but it would make a difference if I were.

The Crucial guy has a small crucial labs logo and I don't think the OCZ guys run anything but OCZ in their names.

Yes, infact I want to be sure Angry_Games has nothing against it before I add anything. Or if he wants any proof for my words, he can email to [email protected] :)

I don't think this is so much of an offtopic discussion since the guy one made this thread took me contact via MSN and I helped him out.

Hi Zebbo

Vortexics claim of 310 for UTT is very impressive but are these 'special' modules as I have not seen these do more than 270 with 'v.good' ones 275 but @ 3.8v and the average really seems to be around 260-265.

What Mushkin Redline UTT can do 310 at the low timings suggested and where can one source these :D

Hi,

Mushkin does not have anykind of special versions out of the Redline -series. Since overclocking is very unpredictable and there's many factors involved considering your last stable overclock you can achieve.

Still, I don't know about this 310MHz, so can you please give me somekind of source where did you pick up info like that?

What comes to average Redline overclocking, most of the modules can be clocked over 260MHz and with good ones you can possibly attain 270MHz or just a bit over that 270MHz. So from my reading, they usually do overclock somewhere from 260MHz to 270MHz.